AD IFC1/MFS to ANG/AFRES?

Sorry if this topic has already been discussed, I can't find a thread about it.

If you go through a civilian AD hiring board, my understanding is you must go to OTS first before going to your MFS at WP. Obviously because of my age (I'm pushing 33), I am applying to this upcoming AD board. The deadline is Sep. 12. Are you able to secure your IFC1/MFS through AD and hypothetically keep rushing guard/reserve units and get hired by them? Or are you blood sealed to AD at that point?

Sorry if this topic has already been discussed, I can't find a thread about it.

If you go through a civilian AD hiring board, my understanding is you must go to OTS first before going to your MFS at WP. Obviously because of my age (I'm pushing 33), I am applying to this upcoming AD board. The deadline is Sep. 12. Are you able to secure your IFC1/MFS through AD and hypothetically keep rushing guard/reserve units and get hired by them? Or are you blood sealed to AD at that point?

Yes, but it’s rare. It’s not often the AD recruiters send you to get an IFC1 done prior to the board. If they offer, absolutely do it. You aren’t tied down to anything until you accept a slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

11 hours ago, 7thokage said:

Yes, but it’s rare. It’s not often the AD recruiters send you to get an IFC1 done prior to the board. If they offer, absolutely do it. You aren’t tied down to anything until you accept a slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Would you happen to know if you land a pilot slot, when do you exactly have to accept the slot?