Upcoming RIF and the matrix..

Chicken

Does anyone know what is supposed to be coming in the weeks to come? I heard they are going to narrow it down to it you are X year group and X AFSC then you have X% chance of being separated.

I know the matrix is just to give you an idea as to where you stand, but how do I read into this? I am 2001 year group and my core AFSC is 12M for there is a -8 shortage for that year group AFSC. However, the total for that AFSC is a 233 surplus, and the 2001 yeargroup has a 918 surplus. There is no surplus for my core AFSC until the 1992 year group who are supposedly safe with 15 years of military service. So will that cause them to take people from an already short career field because of that 233 surplus? Or will they figure that most of that surplus will fix itself in the years to come when people separate/retire or whatever?

Basically what are my chances as a 12M 2001 person?

Guest ddoyle1

From the AFPC website: RIF eligibility

Officers must meet ALL 6 CRITERIA below to be eligible for the Reduction In Force (RIF) Board.

-Year groups 95-98, 00-01 TFCSD 1 Jan 95 - 31 Dec 98, 1 Jan 00 - 31 Dec 01

-VSP eligible* TAFMSD 1 Mar 95 - 28 Jan 02

-At least 1 yr time in grade DOR 11 June 06 or earlier

-May not be on a promotion list

-Must be in an overage AFSC/year group as reflected on the AFPC Force Shaping Matrix

-May not have an approved separation 29 Sept 07 or earlier (29 Jan 08 or earlier for officers with TFCSD Oct-Dec 01)

If there is a -8 for your AFSC's year group, according to bullet five, you're not eligible to be RIFed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.