Report of Survey

PET-Shot

Anyone ever done a Report of Survey?

I got tagged by my squadron to be the investigating officer for some stolen/missing equipment. Have not found anybody in the squadron who has done one that has time to answer a few questions. It's an interesting additional duty but going through regs is a pain.

Grandpa

[ 08. October 2006, 18:47: Message edited by: Toro ]

Guest rotorhead

Not that big of a deal...there's a reg...AFMAN 23-220...that covers it all.

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/pubfiles/af...afman23-220.pdf

By the way, if the ROS is going to another shop (like the comm weenies, who are always asking about lost radios, computers, etc.) you can bet they'll have some pet peeve way the letters/forms have to be filled out.

It is for the computer section within our squadron, which means the equipment could actually belong to one of the shops. I kind of figured that filling out the paperwork would be the most difficult part. Thanks.

Guest dayswhore@ang.com

Go to the equipment custodian, EC, and look at the last two or three annual inventories. That will give you a good idea of how they take care of thier business.

My last ROS was for a printer nobody had ever seen, in years. The inventories were pencil whipped. Not much you can do as the IO in that case. The ROS is needed to wipe the slate clean so a diligent EC can start with a good inventory.

Guest SATCOM

My two most recent ones were completed in OEF, and were easy. Combat losses with a date/time/action format relieve you of the past-inventory chain of custody.

I don't think it will be too difficult. I have to make an appointment to speak with the JAGs office. They are going to give me a short brief on what to do. Hopefully it the project will be short and sweet, but I know they can be very time consuming sometimes.