First Step - Talk to a recruiter?

CC268

Question

I posted a thread over in the medical section a few weeks back. I have had asthma/allergies my whole life and taken medication for it, so I realize my chances of even getting into ANG are slim to none. As stated earlier, I am 23, currently an Engineer (Mechanical Engineering degree) for a large Aerospace/Defense contractor. I love flying and currently have my PPL, working on my Instrument Rating as we speak. I am really considering making flying a career at this point. I have already confirmed I can get a first class medical (for civilian flying of course).

Should I go to a local recruiting office and talk with a recruiter? Or even just call one of the local recruiting offices?  Even if I get denied I think it would put my mind at ease that I at least gave it a shot.

Thanks.

Edited by CC268

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, CC268 said:

I posted a thread over in the medical section a few weeks back. I have had asthma/allergies my whole life and taken medication for it, so I realize my chances of even getting into ANG are slim to none. As stated earlier, I am 23, currently an Engineer (Mechanical Engineering degree) for a large Aerospace/Defense contractor. I love flying and currently have my PPL, working on my Instrument Rating as we speak. I am really considering making flying a career at this point. I have already confirmed I can get a first class medical (for civilian flying of course).

Should I go to a local recruiting office and talk with a recruiter? Or even just call one of the local recruiting offices?  Even if I get denied I think it would put my mind at ease that I at least gave it a shot.

Thanks.

Not really sure what you're looking for here, you already got good answers from your previous thread. Get the ball rolling, don't self eliminate, and don't take no for an answer. As others have said, arm yourself with knowledge of the waiver guide. What are you waiting for?

Edited by GDAL

19 minutes ago, GDAL said:

Not really sure what you're looking for here, you already got good answers from your previous thread. Get the ball rolling, don't self eliminate, and don't take no for an answer. As others have said, arm yourself with knowledge of the waiver guide. What are you waiting for?

I guess my question was - the first step in this process is to go talk with a recruiter, correct? They would be the person to discuss the asthma, next steps, application, etc.

Just now, CC268 said:

I guess my question was - the first step in this process is to go talk with a recruiter, correct? They would be the person to discuss the asthma, next steps, application, etc.

Yes.

• Upvote 1