Attn: all Minnesotans....

Guest Hydro

Guest Hydro130

Mods, I know this isn't aviation-related, but it can get eligible folks some free money, so I thought I'd try posting it...

To all of you out there who have MN as HOR, check out www.thankmntroops.org

It's a completely LEGIT organization that has collected donations in order to give out grants to all active-duty/guard/reserve bubbas -- all branches of service, active or retired or separated. Just need to have MN documented as your HOR, and must have deployed to a combat zone since 9/11. More info on the website.

Heck, it may only be a couple hundred bucks (might be a lot more, depending on your circumstances [disabled, etc]), but it's free money, no strings attached! Just some good, generous folks saying thanks on behalf of MN for your service...

No kidding, it's not a scam -- the program's been getting a lot of good press here and nationally recently, and is the real deal.

I'm filling out my app currently...

Cheers, Hydro

EDIT: combat deployment requirement clarification

[ 31. May 2006, 09:58: Message edited by: Hydro130 ]

Guest KoolKat

Wow. That's pretty cool.

Come on Florida...What'cha waiting for Jeb?

It's nice to see people be so caring, not to mention show it in such a tangible way.

Everyone be sure to let your enlisted troops know about this if MN is their HOR.

Good stuff, Hydro.

BENDY

[ 30. May 2006, 16:23: Message edited by: Bender ]

Originally posted by Hydro130:

Mods, I know this isn't aviation-related, but it can get eligible folks some free money, so I thought I'd try posting it...

To all of you out there who have MN as HOR, check out www.thankmntroops.org

It's a completely LEGIT organization that has collected donations in order to give out grants to all active-duty/guard/reserve bubbas -- all branches of service, active or retired or seperated. Just need to have MN documented as your HOR, and must have deployed to a combat zone since 9/11. More info on the website.

Heck, it may only be a couple hundred bucks (might be a lot more, depending on your circumstances [disabled, etc]), but it's free money, no strings attached! Just some good, generous folks saying thanks on behalf of MN for your service...

No kidding, it's not a scam -- the program's been getting a lot of good press here and nationally recently, and is the real deal.

I'm filling out my app currently...

Cheers, Hydro

EDIT: combat deployment requirement clarification

This is why I love the Minny. We may have a bunch of liberal hippies, but we get A LOT of support.