Possible sacroiliac injury

Spartacus

A few years ago while pulling G's I felt a pop and compression in my lower spine. It really scared me and I felt immediate pain. I could hardly get out of the jet after this happened due to my lower back muscles tightening and cramping up and once I got home, which was very difficult, I could hardly get into bed let alone get out of bed. I went into the flight doc the next day because of the extreme pain that I was in and he didn't seem too concerned after I answered his questions, and he said that he was going to treat it acutely. Basically I took ibuprofen for a while. After about one week I could function normally again but still experienced pain and have always had pain now off and on. When I really up my physically training like running it really flares up or when I do any sort of twisting. (Went wake boarding and it felt like I had totally re-injured it again.) I am currently going through a period where it is really hurting and it becomes difficult to sit or stand for any length of time because of the pain, but I know that it will pass in a few days like it always does. After doing extensive research online I really think it could be a sacroiliac injury. I feel a lot of movement in there and when I twist my torso and "pop" that area I feel relief. I am really worried that this could turn into something more or that I could hurt it worse by continuing to pull G's over my career. What should I do? Does anyone know if this sort of injury is disqualifying from ejection seat aircraft or if treatment for it could end up disqualifying one from flying? Also, a crusty old Lt Col told me before this even happened that if I got any sort of neck or back injury from flying to get it documented so that you could get disability upon retirement. Is he right, and if so what should I do to get it documented more? Thanks for the help!