Turkish Armed Forces Chiefs quit

abmwaldo

Interesting. Turkey's military has always served as a secular counter to the normally more Islamist government (and have never been hesitant to remove the government when has become too religious). Over the past several years, the power has shifted towards the government, and this may be a sign of Turkey becoming even less secular. Future will show what this means for us in the region.

It's interesting how they still embrace Ataturk as an icon of their country, and then the elected government deliberately contradicts his philosophy. No kidding, if you walk in to ANY business in the Alley outside Incirlik, his picture is on the wall.

Erdrogan is an Islamist, and I have no doubt he is running a long-term program to eliminate Turkey's unique status as a secular, predominantly-Muslim country.

Remember, Hitler was elected to office, too. 'Emergency powers' made him chancellor.

Remember, Hitler was elected to office, too. 'Emergency powers' made him chancellor.

This.

Might be a new record.

I don't know, that Wiki site specifically says that it does not count as that law if the topic at hand is a topic traditionally "Nazi" in nature anyway. The connection between Nazis and Muslims over the decades is well known and documented. I don't think it counts.