FC1A to FC2: What's the big deal?

outbreak

I'm submitting a package for UFT (currently a C-130 Nav, trying to go RPA), and I'm trying to wrap my head around why my current FC1A does not fulfill the requirements of an FC2.

Can anyone explain the differences between the two physicals? Common sense would suggest that a FC1A would be more restrictive than the FC2, but apparently not.

Also, when I go in for my PHA, why is it so crazy to suggest they do a FC2 during the same visit?

Guest goducks

I'm submitting a package for UFT (currently a C-130 Nav, trying to go RPA), and I'm trying to wrap my head around why my current FC1A does not fulfill the requirements of an FC2.

Can anyone explain the differences between the two physicals? Common sense would suggest that a FC1A would be more restrictive than the FC2, but apparently not.

Also, when I go in for my PHA, why is it so crazy to suggest they do a FC2 during the same visit?

If you are active duty there shouldn't be much difference. I would agree that your current physical probably fulfills the FCIIU needs. If you are Guard/Reserve, then (as an RPA applicant) you would actually need to meet FCI standards as there is a possibility that your detachment could change platforms (from RPA to ???) down the road.

Edited by goducks
More info