T-34 NATOPS

Wing Sweep

Does anyone know what the latest change to the T-34 NATOPS manual is? I'm headed to VT-3 in a week (from API) and want to know if I need to add/delete/change anything on my flashcards. I have all changes up to Change 39 (Change 39!!! I guess they've never heard of a T.O. revision in the Navy).

Also, anyone at VT-3 know how long the wait is after ground school? Our API class has been hearing a ton of rumors (varying from 4 up to 10 week wait rumors), but nothing 100% confirmed. Thanks for the help.

[ 24. September 2005, 11:10: Message edited by: gabe2surf ]

Guest lovelacm

I just had to post 8 changes to the MC-130P Dash-1... from the basic reg to current in one night... PAINFUL. Uhm, time for a reprint!?

Hey Gabe, I think that sounds like the latest change, the real big one to worry about is the 85psi on oil pressure. As for the wait, if you are going to VT-3 you will go into ground school again for a few weeks, then you will likely be sitting out for about 3-5 weeks, perhaps more. It's a good time to take leave but stay in the books. Messenge me if you need more info.

If you are reporting to Whiting at the end of this week.. you report via phone on Friday and in person on Monday and then you'll have a 1 week wait at Whiting for ground school during which you'll phone muster before 1000 Tues-Thurs and physically muster on Friday. Ground school is approx 2 1/2 weeks and you'll finish reporting into VT-3 at the end of that. At that point, there is a wait for Fam-0. Yes, there will be a wait. Lately is has been about 6 weeks, but we were told 5-8 weeks just this last week. Its all due to instructor shortages, weather problems, and scheduling nonsensicalness. Get used to it and welcome to VT-3!

NATOPS Change 39 is the last change on my NATOPS, so I sure hope its the last one. But yeah, the biggest one is normal ops oil pressure psi is 65-85 (not 65-80 as published).

I wouldn't stress about notecards and studying for NATOPS-related stuff at this time. EPs are difficult to study effectively until you've done systems. And systems make A LOT more sense as you take the class. You can pick up your books as early as this Friday afternoon. When you get them, read but don't memorize (yet) the Systems Workbook and leave everything else until later.

If you have any more questions or whatever about Whiting and what to expect and what you need to do the first few weeks (its needlessly confusing) feel free to PM me. I'm probably 6 weeks ahead of you in the mix right now, sitting around waiting for Fam-0.