AFRC board - June 2011

Guest lbzrider14

No entirely true I think. You can put in an unsponsored package, hope to get selected, and then I believe units can swap/pick from unsponsored selected candiates. I remember a few years ago I was refered to a AFR recruiter who told me this. He said woudn't work with me to put in a an unsponsored package to the AFRC board until I had about 300 hours to make me "competitive." I had about 60 at the time. Well I discovered the whole "unit sponsorship" on my own, got selected and now I'm working with the same guy who turned me down a few years ago.

Hope someone else has insight as well.

All packages must be sponsored to meet the board; they do not allow un-sponsored packages anymore.

Guest lbzrider14

All packages must be sponsored to meet the board; they do not allow un-sponsored packages anymore.

That being said, I seems kind of strange to me that the reserves give units their slot requirements in advanced for the year (whether it be one or two candidates) only to have their selected candidates be turned down a the board. The amount of wasted time, effort, and money in sponsoring a person (interviews and flight physicals) I bet is enormous. nevermind somewhat disrespectful to the squadron commanders who approved everything for their candidates.

That being said, I seems kind of strange to me that the reserves give units their slot requirements in advanced for the year (whether it be one or two candidates) only to have their selected candidates be turned down a the board. The amount of wasted time, effort, and money in sponsoring a person (interviews and flight physicals) I bet is enormous. nevermind somewhat disrespectful to the squadron commanders who approved everything for their candidates.

AFRC does not assign slots - each squadron and group forecasts their manning requirements and holds a board as necessary. Some of these boards are for prior rated and some are for UPT candidates. In the end it is up to the squadron to select an individual who they think will be competitive at the AFRC board. Unfortunately, with budget cuts, the AFRC board is no longer a given; this process places everyone on a level playing field when there aren't enough slots to go around.

Guest monkey

I understand both ibz and slo's posts.. My question with what slo said is, what if a unit's candidates are not selected by the board, wouldnt that now leave that unit undermanned several years down the line? If a unit's candidate(s) gets rejected, it's not like the unit can immediately offer up another candidate(s) due to units only hold one or two hiring boards a year and the time it takes from unit selection to the AFRC board. Yes, it's the responsibility of the unit to select a competitive candidate, but each unit does look for different qualities, and some units will be more or less in demand than others, resulting in higher or lower number pool of candidates to choose from. So if a unit's candidates get kicked back which results in less manning than the unit was counting on.. does AFRC basically say too bad?

I understand both ibz and slo's posts.. My question with what slo said is, what if a unit's candidates are not selected by the board, wouldnt that now leave that unit undermanned several years down the line? If a unit's candidate(s) gets rejected, it's not like the unit can immediately offer up another candidate(s) due to units only hold one or two hiring boards a year and the time it takes from unit selection to the AFRC board. Yes, it's the responsibility of the unit to select a competitive candidate, but each unit does look for different qualities, and some units will be more or less in demand than others, resulting in higher or lower number pool of candidates to choose from. So if a unit's candidates get kicked back which results in less manning than the unit was counting on.. does AFRC basically say too bad?

Yep - it all comes down to the budget for the fiscal year. I'm sure AFRC would love to have enough money to hire every squadron's candidate!

Guest spankey

So the word I've just heard is that the AFRC 3 star hasn't signed the board results to certify them, and they are expecting to have him sign it on monday and release it for public consumption...i.e, us schmucks.

Guest lbzrider14

So the word I've just heard is that the AFRC 3 star hasn't signed the board results to certify them, and they are expecting to have him sign it on monday and release it for public consumption...i.e, us schmucks.

So that means there is an official, yet unofficial, list that exists... hope somebody gets this by COB today so I know how much alcohol to consume tonight haha

Guest dreadnought

So that means there is an official, yet unofficial, list that exists... hope somebody gets this by COB today so I know how much alcohol to consume tonight haha

I second that. Just talked to my chief pilot...he said 61 packages, 42 picked up.

Guest lbzrider14

Got the same info as well

Guest dreadnought

I'm not in the office today, so I can't look, but anyone with a CAC might want to keep an eye on th UFT Selections folder in the AFRC A3TB COP

Guest Naviportno

I'm not in the office today, so I can't look, but anyone with a CAC might want to keep an eye on th UFT Selections folder in the AFRC A3TB COP

You got a link to the CoP? Or directions on how to get to it? I'm in the office today and I can keep checking for everyone...

Guest dreadnought

Search for it through the portal...it takes a little digging, but it's not too hard to find. You might have to register for access. Not guaranteeing they'll be posting the results there, but it's a good time kill haha.

Edited by dreadnought

Guest Naviportno

Search for it through the portal...it takes a little digging, but it's not too hard to find. You might have to register for access. Not guaranteeing they'll be posting the results there, but it's a good time kill haha.

Found it! Folder was empty though =(

Guest lbzrider14

Anyone heard from their squadrons or recruiters today?

Negatron... I called them Friday and they said the same thing about the General just needs to sign off on the selection list. I asked if he could get a hold of this "list" on Friday and was told he already tried to get it from 3 inside people, but no luck. It's killing me.

Guest dreadnought

You and me both. There have been a few leaks in the dam though...a buddy of mine in another squadron got word he got selected because they had a guy on the inside.

Guest Naviportno

Still in the dark here....not giving up hope, but maybe Tuesday will be the day?

Don't hold your breath...

Guest o2thedblt

haha yeah, hadn't really planned on it.

I talked to my commander and he said they are trying to push it through today. I am age critical so that is a big concern for me. He also told me that they are aware of those individuals in the same boat and are working for their school dates now. Unless your 29, I don't think it's considered age critical. Just FYI

haha yeah, hadn't really planned on it.

Guest dreadnought

I talked to my commander and he said they are trying to push it through today. I am age critical so that is a big concern for me. He also told me that they are aware of those individuals in the same boat and are working for their school dates now. Unless your 29, I don't think it's considered age critical. Just FYI

"push it through" as in released? Or just getting it to the CC?