AFRC board - June 2011

Guest lbzrider14

Guest o2thedblt

My impression was to have it released. He was hoping to hear something today. Good question though.

Guest lbzrider14

My impression was to have it released. He was hoping to hear something today. Good question though.

I'm giving up on the refresh button until Friday. Unless I get an email that says I have a new personal message from someone who sends out The released list out

Guest dreadnought

I'm giving up on the refresh button until Friday. Unless I get an email that says I have a new personal message from someone who sends out The released list out

C'mon, man...what about the thrill of the hunt and all that stuff? :M16a2: haha

I do get where you're coming from though...this has been the biggest tease...

Guest spankey

C'mon, man...what about the thrill of the hunt and all that stuff? :M16a2: haha

I do get where you're coming from though...this has been the biggest tease...

I'd stray from the 'thrill of the hunt', and maybe put this one in the category of having balls on ones chin, and wanting to get them off, but not knowing when you can...

Guest starpilot

Good afternoon... I'm finally saying hi to you all, but I'm sorry, no new rumors to add to the mix. My civilian job has me travel a lot, so I've not been aroundthe base to poke people for updates! The little bit I did hear, was that these things take a while (several months) to work out. I hope you guys are right, this waiting is insane!! I've been digging this page up on my phone several times a day for the last week. Finally got a chance to take a few minutes to post ssomething. Here's hoping the wait is short!

Guest lbzrider14

I received an informative phone call today. 6 people are going to July 26 OTS. they had some slots to fill because of the push back in last board.I was told they were 8 people on the list that said they could leave july 26th the only 6 available slots.

Guest navibeav

I received an informative phone call today. 6 people are going to July 26 OTS. they had some slots to fill because of the push back in last board.I was told they were 8 people on the list that said they could leave july 26th the only 6 available slots.

Did you get that call because you're one of the six?

Guest lbzrider14

These 8 people know who they are but they have not released who the 6 are yet, told by end of tomorrow

Did you get that call because you're one of the six?

I'm one of the 8, I was asked last week if I could leave on short notice. crossing my fingers that I'm one of the 6

Guest navibeav

I'm one of the 8, I was asked last week if I could leave on short notice. crossing my fingers that I'm one of the 6

75% chance you're headed to OTS the end of the month.... You've got to like those odds.

Guest xe777

These 8 people know who they are but they have not released who the 6 are yet, told by end of tomorrow

Any idea if any of the 8 are age critical?

Thnx

Guest lbzrider14

AFRC called down to each unit on Fri and asked each unit to report back with names of their sponsored candidates who could leave july 26th.. I would assume some of these people are age critical.

Guest o2thedblt

AFRC called down to each unit on Fri and asked each unit to report back with names of their sponsored candidates who could leave july 26th.. I would assume some of these people are age critical.

That worries me because I am age critical and i was never asked by my CC. The suspense it killing me.

Guest dreadnought

This is kind of confusing...using the above logic, isn't it fair to say if we weren't contacted by our units, then there's a good chance we weren't selected?

Yeah, I know, i'm paranoid...

Edited by dreadnought

Guest o2thedblt

This is kind of confusing...using the above logic, isn't it fair to say if we weren't contacted by our units, then there's a good chance we weren't selected?

Yeah, I know, i'm paranoied...

you aint lying!!!

Guest monkey

Damn I'm thinking along the same lines as dreadnought. I havent heard a peep from my unit either and I'm old but not technically age critical (28). Damn my low PCSM. Was anyone here contacted other than ibzrider? If no one else was called we couldn't all have failed right??.................

Guest dreadnought

Of course, AFRC could've stopped their calls right when they got their 8. At least that's what I'm clinging too!!

Trying to stay positive/not go insane...

Guest o2thedblt

Damn I'm thinking along the same lines as dreadnought. I havent heard a peep from my unit either and I'm old but not technically age critical (28). Damn my low PCSM. Was anyone here contacted other than ibzrider? If no one else was called we couldn't all have failed right??.................

Hey man if you don’t mind me asking, what was your PCSM? I can almost guarantee it isn’t as low as mine. LOL! If you would like to know what I got I will throw it out there considering the decision is already made! I obtained my PPL in 36 days and i have never been a video game type of person. With that said i only have 41.5 hrs added in my score. Although, i did score pretty well on the AFOQT. That TBAS was ridicules... lol. That’s the only thing I’m really worried about with my Package! I've made a decision to leave it to faith and reefer to dreadnoughts name. Dread nothing! "Do not worry because worrying is like solving an algebraic equation by chewing bubble gum"

Guest dreadnought

Hey man if you don’t mind me asking, what was your PCSM? I can almost guarantee it isn’t as low as mine. LOL! If you would like to know what I got I will throw it out there considering the decision is already made! I obtained my PPL in 36 days and i have never been a video game type of person. With that said i only have 41.5 hrs added in my score. Although, i did score pretty well on the AFOQT. That TBAS was ridicules... lol. That’s the only thing I’m really worried about with my Package! I've made a decision to leave it to faith and reefer to dreadnoughts name. Dread nothing! "Do not worry because worrying is like solving an algebraic equation by chewing bubble gum"

LOL...you said "reefer." I literally just laughed out loud in the office haha

Guest monkey

O2, it was on the mid 60s. I maxed out the afoqt and hours portion of it so I must've REALLY f-ed up the tbas. The weird thing is I've been a video game player all my life too. Also not that it matters but I did get high 80s the first time I took it, then I was forced to retake it when the BAT became TBAS. (it was basically the same damn test so I dunno how I got 20+ points stupider.)

It seems everyone I know had >90 PCSM so I think that really would be what killed me if I didn't make this board.

Guest o2thedblt

Oh snap! Lol. Yeah man. I just got a call from my cc. They have been talking with afrc alot on my age situation and I was notified that my pcsm and age hurt me. I did not make the cut. 74 applicants and 43 selects. This list will be out this evening or tomarrow morning. Good luck to you guys on your career accomplishments. This sucks but my plan and Gods plan did not meet up so my new journey will be to see what he has in plan for me. Congrats to all who have achieved their career goal. O2thedblt signing out!!! Lol. Fly fight and win!!

Guest navibeav

So sorry about the outcome, but you have the right attitude and should be commended. God bless and best of luck in all he's called you to do.

Guest dreadnought

Awesome and inspiring perspective, o2theblt. Bummer you didn't get picked, but like you said, that just isn't the plan at the moment. Best of luck to you in whatever you do, man.

Guest lbzrider14

Results just came out and is posted in the AFRISS system. Contact your recruiters and ask them to check this for you. A formal document is to be distributed by end of the day tomorrow but the AFRISS system has the "select/non-select" comments from AFRC.