Las Cruces, NM

I searched the forum and found a lot about Clovis and Cannon AFB but that was it for New Mexico. It's probably a long shot but has anybody lived in the Las Cruces, NM area? I'm looking at my next assignment being there but I'm not sure how I feel about moving to New Mexico. I've never really been there before so I don't have much basis for my prejudice but it is definitely not high on my list of places I think I want to live. So if anybody does know the area, how good/bad would it be for a 26 year old guy with no family?

We've had several guys from my squadron go to green door jobs there (White Sands/Holloman). General consensus from what I've heard is that the area isn't as nice as COS, but job satisfaction is quite high. Nobody has said they wished they hadn't gone, so that's a good sign. NMSU is in Las Cruces so I'm sure there is at least some nightlife.

White Sands is on my list too, so maybe we'll see you there!

EDIT: One big downside...JUAREZ!

Edited by Gravedigger

High Desert Brewing Company. Trust me on this one. The place might not look like much, but damn is their beer tasty, and their food is pretty decent too. Never lived there though, just stopped one night on my way home from a TDY.

Great place to live! NMSU doesn't have much of a football team but the females are very nice. I went to college there and wouldn't trade it. As for Juarez... Great target practice :sniper:

Cheers :beer:

pm me with any questions

amf

Thanks for the input. Sounds like I shouldn't rule it out based on location and it's not as bad as it sounds. The job would definitely be a good one but I think I need to try to get down there and visit first to see the area.

What job?

And yes go see it first...

cheers :beer: