Proceed without Orders

Guest spikenber

Guest spikenber

Here is the situation, I am prior service with ten years enlisted. I have recently completed a commissioning program and have been on hold to enter active duty due to the draw down. I am two weeks out from my training start dates and I still do not have orders. What we have been told is that AFPC finance is backed up with thousands of orders and apparently no method for completing them for individuals who are leaving in the next few weeks. My concerns are the following: can I proceed to training without orders, how can I PCS my family to my gaining station without orders, and how do I cover the cost of my training since I do not have a GTC. I would appreciate any advice as this is new territory for me and I am a little surprised that the system is failing this badly.

It sounds like you're in the same situation I am. I've got a final out scheduled in 7 days for an overseas PCS and I don't have orders yet either. This FY transition gave AFPC the bright idea that they should be the only entity to cut orders. Your local MPF is no help.

The good news is that there is a way to expedite the orders. I put in my request yesterday, so I can't tell you if this actually works. But here's an email I got from my DO yesterday.

Subject: Requests for Expediting PCS Orders

1. On 13 Sep 10, base-level authority to process orders in OPA was turned off so AFPC could begin managing the FY10 PCS Budget. Effective 15 Sep 10, at 1230 CST, AFPC will begin approving orders pending authentication. Orders will be racked and stacked for approval based on projected departure dates, DEROS and RNLTDs. We understand customers are eagerly awaiting their orders so they can complete necessary out-processing actions and we would like to assure you that our team will be aggressively working to process all orders in a timely manner.

2. Expedited requests for individuals departing within 5 7 days can be emailed to AFPC/DPTSF PRP & RELO OPS WORKFLOW email address:

afpc.prpreloworkflow@randolph.af.mil. Please encrypt the email and include:

a) Rank

b) Name

c) SSN

d) PDD

e) DEROS/RNLTD

You may also call our office at DSN 665-4959/5568 when you have an emergency request. We ask MPS' to keep expedited requests to a minimum as we will be authenticating orders for individuals with PDDs within 60 days and those with DEROS/RNLTDS within 90 days on a daily basis.

3. Thank you for your support as we work to ensure the PCS Budget is executed at 100%. Any questions regarding this message can be addressed to afpc.prpreloworkflow@randolph.af.mil

Edited by schokie