Finance Fund Cite on orders?

B.L

I'm waiting on my first set of orders. The NCO in my ROTC office has had them done since Monday, but he's waiting on Finance to approve the Funds Cite. What is this, and how long does it usually take?

Thanks

BLud

A fund cite is basically a bank account number that represents a particular pot of money set aside for a particular purpose. Normally it shouldn't take too long to get one (especially for something common like a PCS) but end of fiscal year issues and crappy finance offices and/or ROTC detachments can often slow things down.

A fund cite is basically a bank account number that represents a particular pot of money set aside for a particular purpose. Normally it shouldn't take too long to get one (especially for something common like a PCS) but end of fiscal year issues and crappy finance offices and/or ROTC detachments can often slow things down.

LOL so what you're saying is that I will probably never get this, and I'm stuck in LT limbo in AK FOREVER!!!???!!!! LOL I keed I keed!

Let me first say if this is for PCS, the orders do not go to Finance for fund certification and your NCO is blowing you some BS. Those funds are called MILPERS and are a centrally managed allotment that do not affect local O&M funding.

If this is O&M it should take no longer than a 24 hour period to get the orders back with the fund certification. Finance must make sure your bank account have available funds. If there are no funds they should return to the unit and/or notify the NCO.

Let me first say if this is for PCS, the orders do not go to Finance for fund certification and your NCO is blowing you some BS. Those funds are called MILPERS and are a centrally managed allotment that do not affect local O&M funding.

If this is O&M it should take no longer than a 24 hour period to get the orders back with the fund certification. Finance must make sure your bank account have available funds. If there are no funds they should return to the unit and/or notify the NCO.

Lol, so I'm getting the runaround! THAT SUCKS! From what my NCO is telling me (I hate being an unexperience ROTC Grad!!!!!!!!) he sent the orders into the Finance office on Thursday, and that it could take up to 10 days for the "Funds Cite" to be approved. I'm less than 45 days from EAD, and about 28 from leaving AK, so this is a high inconvinience to the whole moving situation. Without my orders I can't break the lease in my appartment, so a whole chain of shit is just flowing right now.

When I called the Finance office, the Amn that answered the phone said he didn't know and that I needed to call an LT. When I asked him for that number, he said "I dunno" and promply hung up the phone. So what can I do to stick it to them, and get my orders that were promissed to me over a week ago. Thanks for your help guys!

BLud

Lol, so I'm getting the runaround! THAT SUCKS! From what my NCO is telling me (I hate being an unexperience ROTC Grad!!!!!!!!) he sent the orders into the Finance office on Thursday, and that it could take up to 10 days for the "Funds Cite" to be approved. I'm less than 45 days from EAD, and about 28 from leaving AK, so this is a high inconvinience to the whole moving situation. Without my orders I can't break the lease in my appartment, so a whole chain of shit is just flowing right now.

When I called the Finance office, the Amn that answered the phone said he didn't know and that I needed to call an LT. When I asked him for that number, he said "I dunno" and promply hung up the phone. So what can I do to stick it to them, and get my orders that were promissed to me over a week ago. Thanks for your help guys!

BLud

I'd talk to your COC/another captain with your situation and have them push it through (sts).