What is going on in Russia?!?

BQZip01

Guest whyme?

...like overloading?

Holy SHIT! that controller was great. "we have Smirnoff" " i'd hoped to have been able to have filmed the crash" Why am I not surprised.

As bad as the USAF is, I mean we promote to Col guys with 1500 hours, but the Roooooskies make him their Black Knight lead........

Holy SHIT! that controller was great. "we have Smirnoff" " i'd hoped to have been able to have filmed the crash" Why am I not surprised.

As bad as the USAF is, I mean we promote to Col guys with 1500 hours, but the Roooooskies make him their Black Knight lead........

Een drusha, plane flies yoo!

Een drusha, plane flies yoo!

I believe the investigation found that the pilot screwed up. I can't remember the exact details, but he either mis-computed the takeoff thrust setting or the aircraft was heavier than it was supposed to be. Pilot error in any case.

Took this from an article with regards to houses damaged on the ground due to the crash:

While the Ramenki district administration said Monday that they expected homeowners to pay for the damages themselves, the Moscow region administration said they would compensate people for damages, without giving any figures.

How thoughtful of them. :bash:

Guest whyme?

Holy ###### when is it not Pilot Error???? The MX dude could wire tie the gear underneath the panels at DEPOT and it would be Pilot Error when they fell off on takeoff roll.

DA roooskies are told to fly. If it gets off the ground great, if not... thats what pilot error is for.

Guest Hueypilot812

Russian flying ops is definitely a different culture from western aviation. They don't quite have the term "risk management" in their vocabulary.

They don't quite have the term "risk management" in their vocabulary.

That would be sweet. I have to write a fucking novel and give the crew's a physical just to fly a local. It is complete idiocy. Maybe there's a happy medium somewhere in between the rooskies' "zero risk management" and our "fill out a new ORM sheet because you moved the flaps and I heard the loadmaster cough" mentality.