All these Class A's

Guest whyme?

Guest whyme?

Why? Am I alone in thinking it has to do with a stretched to the max military and an unsustainable ops tempo that have whittled some sharp points dull?

I have always been the guy that says The Man is out to A$$ F#@ you and Im sure the aircrews will get blamed somehow. I just hope something gets done besides blaming the broken aircrews. Shits just not falling out of the sky for no reason. Either the airframe or the crew is breaking.

****NOT INTENDED TO PERTAIN TO ANY PARTICULAR INCIDENT****

I believe the military aviation community is too focused on hours/experience. We need to focus more on currency and proficiency. Just because I've got 690 combat hours in the last twelve months doesn't mean I can go out and fight-tank-fight. That 690 hours where I was flying circles on the auto-pilot hasn't prepared me for the rigors of stateside training. How many times do you guys rush to complete your semi-annual currencies just so you can deploy? How many are rushed to complete said currencies so they can attend a Red Flag, start an upgrade, take baby leave, etc, etc, etc. The absolute best is a crew airplane where the IPs rarely get to put their hands on the controls, but are logging off currencies because they observed their students perform the act. They don't have time for any CT because their so busy pushing studs.

Thoughts?

Guest whyme?
****NOT INTENDED TO PERTAIN TO ANY PARTICULAR INCIDENT****

I believe the military aviation community is too focused on hours/experience. We need to focus more on currency and proficiency. Just because I've got 690 combat hours in the last twelve months doesn't mean I can go out and fight-tank-fight. That 690 hours where I was flying circles on the auto-pilot hasn't prepared me for the rigors of stateside training. How many times do you guys rush to complete your semi-annual currencies just so you can deploy? How many are rushed to complete said currencies so they can attend a Red Flag, start an upgrade, take baby leave, etc, etc, etc. The absolute best is a crew airplane where the IPs rarely get to put their hands on the controls, but are logging off currencies because they observed their students perform the act. They don't have time for any CT because their so busy pushing studs.

Thoughts?

BTDT. Then again, my training was night and day from bad comms and a screaming 9-line.