Bombers out of 38s

Wing Sweep

If you go the 38 route, can you pretty much get a bomber if you know you want one from the get go? It seems to me from the posts on here that bombers aren't the top pick for the majority of 38 guys. My guess would be if you want a bomber, it wouldn't be a prob. I just wanted to ask the question to see if I'm on the right track. Thanks.

Guest SnakeT38

I would say you have a really good chance and unless they start dropping alot more B-2's there

won't be much competition.

Guest Walter_Sobchak

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt... and a lot of strange looks from Viper/Eagle/Hog IPs who thought I'd been out in the sun too long. If you want a bomber out of T-38s you have a very good chance of getting one (I've never heard of anybody non-vol'd to fighters) BUT the type of bomber you want may not be available in your class drop.

A dude from a flight of recent graduates here at ENJJPT made it quite known he wasn't into the whole "fighter pilot lifestyle" and requested a bomber...which he got.

And Phlash is right...you pretty much drink for free with that kind of talk.

Guest sickels101

Dude, if go the whole way through wanting a bomber, chances are they will "steal" one from another base to get it to you. And all will be thankful of your great contribution.

Guest SnakeT38

Just remember now, YOUR new ACC Vice, Will Fraser,

is a TOTAL Bomber guy, flown B-52G/H, B-1, and B-2............was a T-37 FAIP,

ASTRA tour, THEN ASKED FOR A BOMBER to Grand Forks, we were the "breeding" ground for O-6 to O-7 AND O-3's that made AT LEAST their next two promo's BTZ............I think what really got Fraser's "career" on the FAST TRACK, was me as his Co-Pilot (I am laughing).

For those that don't know about ASTRA, ANY O-3 that went through that program GETS ANY airplane they want when they are done IF they were FAIPS when they got to DC.

Lastly, El Forko was such a "fast track" I think

I had 3 or 4 Wing CC's in the 21 months I was there.

Guest KoolKat
3 or 4 Wing CC's in the 21 months
Wow...how does anything actually get done...oh wait, that probably helps, right?

Guest SnakeT38

ASTRA ...........stood for Air Staff something, something, something........"Waaaaay Fast Burner

School".

Just remember now, YOUR new ACC Vice, Will Fraser,

is a TOTAL Bomber guy

Every time I show up at a base, he leaves...He was Wing King at Barkatraz when I got there but PCSed a couple months later and again when I got to HQ AETC, he was DO and PCSed with-in months...