Eielson Info.

Guest CrewDawg1

Guest CrewDawg1

I will be up in Eielson soon and was looking for some info. I have read the TDY gouge already and was looking for a little more. Does billeting have wireless internet? What are some things to do? Places to go? Etc... Also does anyone know long it takes to get to the Airport on the other side of Fairbanks? Thanks.

[ 29. May 2006, 16:14: Message edited by: CrewDawg1 ]

Guest ruckerstud

From what I remember, billeting doesn't have wireless internet, but they have hook-ups in the lobby. If you are into outdoor stuff, Fairbanks in June is the heat. Go salmon fishing, kings should be in. As far as on base, the Yukon club is not bad, not great but they have local microbrews. The base taxi took about 25-30 minutes, but that was winter, so the roads may not have been as good as when you are there.

Guest TacAirDrvr

Chenna Hot Springs is cool up there. Not sure if its a great time to go this time of year, I have been deployed all the time. SKEETERS SUCK, if you're not carefull, they'll carry you away, find some 100% DEET lotion, the spray doesn't work and it HAS to be 100% deet. Beleive it or not I actually carry an Atrip-shot with me when I go fishing its so bad!

Try to find someone with a boat or some waders/poles for a little trout/dolly varden fishing! ITT should have the rivers that are running!

There is wireless in the rooms but it won't work as well unless you go to the lobby!

For us Alaskans the BBQ place in the O'Club isn't too bad. Its kinda hard to find good southern/texas food in Alaska! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FISH & CHIPS THOUGH, HALIBUT KICKS A$$!

Enjoy!!

Guest TacAirDrvr

BTW it takes about 45 min to get to the Airport! There is a shuttle at the USO center in the airport that is free, other wise you're paying (or uncle sam's paying) $65-$75!