Pararescuemen

Guest ale345

Guest otto2434
PJs and CROs are BAMFs. No doubt about it. My brother was recently selected to be a CRO. These dudes are a breed apart from everyone else in the AF. They are a small, tight, and dedicated community. Definitely sh!t hot. :flag_waving:

I have wanted to become a PJ for a while now and am eager to become one but just was wondering if an officer can become a PJ.

I have wanted to become a PJ for a while now and am eager to become one but just was wondering if an officer can become a PJ.

PJ = Enlisted

CRO = Officer

They go through the same training pipeline.

CRO's are in charge of PJ/SERE guys.

PJ = Enlisted

CRO = Officer

They go through the same training pipeline.

CRO's are in charge of PJ/SERE guys.

also keep in mind, still very difficult to get a chance to go straight out of a comissioning source. Buds with a guy who got turned down right out of ROTC, but it was in his blood. Spent a year or so in his normal AFSC, then got reccomended to it, went through the pipeline, beat out a bunch of captains and such and now hes in the final stages of PJ training. It can happen if you have the drive. Many think they do, few actually have it. I'm glad they do.

:beer:

Guest ale345

The CRO's don't get the same amount of medical training. They get EMT-B while the PJ's get EMT-P. CRO's go through a longer SERE course which I believe is 32 days so that they are more familiar with the career field and they go through some other professional development courses.

The CRO's don't get the same amount of medical training. They get EMT-B while the PJ's get EMT-P. CRO's go through a longer SERE course which I believe is 32 days so that they are more familiar with the career field and they go through some other professional development courses.

My SRO in SERE was a CRO and he went through the same SV-80 just like the Enlisted PJ's did.