Vicodin and drug-screen

VFR800

I have my FC1 in 1 week. Last week, I had my wisdom teeth pulled and was prescribed Vicodin for pain and Amoxicilin for antibiotics. I was under general anesthesia, so I was also given Valium and some IV sedatives (Demerol, Midazolam) on the morning of the surgery.

I know that Vicodin is a narcotic...will this cause a problem on the drug-screen? I don't know much about drugs...what about the other drugs like the Valium or Midazolam?

I stopped taking Vicodin the morning after the surgery b/c Advil worked better. It'll be 2 weeks exactly between my last dose of Vicodin and the morning of my FC1. I have a letter from my dentist that explains the procedure and lists all of the medications and dosages administered....I'm worried about this being a big PITA. Should I be worried? Should I do anything else besides bring this letter with me?

I have my FC1 in 1 week. Last week, I had my wisdom teeth pulled and was prescribed Vicodin for pain and Amoxicilin for antibiotics. I was under general anesthesia, so I was also given Valium and some IV sedatives (Demerol, Midazolam) on the morning of the surgery.

I know that Vicodin is a narcotic...will this cause a problem on the drug-screen? I don't know much about drugs...what about the other drugs like the Valium or Midazolam?

I stopped taking Vicodin the morning after the surgery b/c Advil worked better. It'll be 2 weeks exactly between my last dose of Vicodin and the morning of my FC1. I have a letter from my dentist that explains the procedure and lists all of the medications and dosages administered....I'm worried about this being a big PITA. Should I be worried? Should I do anything else besides bring this letter with me?

It is not likely that the drug screen will detect the Vicodin, as Hydrocodone (the synthetic opioid in Vicodin), is typically below detectible levels in 1 to 6 days. The Valium, on the other hand, likely WILL be detectable.

It is in your best interest to disclose everything - with documentation. In addition to the letter, I would recommend you bring copies of any official documentation (medical coding claims forms, your medical records that your dentist keeps, etc.) I don't know if they have a means of accepting them at the FC1, but it sure won't hurt if you have them.

Wang Wei is on target...it is unlikely that the UA will pick up the meds in your system...if it does, you're covered!

Take your documents with you...