TDY Gouge - UAE

Baseops.Net

Fujairah, UAE - When TDY to Fujairah you are at the whim of the Navy ATOC. There are four hotels they will send you too. They are the Hilton, Siji, Oceanic, and the Ritz. Stay in them in that order. The Hilton is on the water and is really nice. The Siji has just been renovated and is downtown, the rooms are the size of racquetball courts- pretty nice. The Oceanic is on the water and the hotel is nice. It's flaw is that it's a 45 minute bus ride away- standard tiny buses, it sucks. The Ritz is to be avoided. Like the other hotels they include meals, but they took 1+15 to prepare a disgusting steak for me. They have 5 bars in the hotel that don't get a lot of use. The music shakes the hotel all night. For the Siji and Ritz there is a supermarket within easy walking distance. There are no inflight meals at Fuj. Overall a good moneymaker, but not too much to do unless you are at the Hilton.

~If you're going to stay the night in fuj, stay at the Hilton. I've been there three times and the Hilton beats the Siji. I'm not familiar with the other two hotels you have listed on the site. The staff at the Hilton will hook you up with any request. Our flight was scheduled to leave before they served breakfast. The staff opened the breakfast buffet early for us. The food was awesome and would satisfy any american diet/tastes. During my last trip there, the staff made boxed breakfasts for crewmembers who had to miss breakfast due to crew duties (free of charge even)! I would give the Hilton a Green Star. If you want to go shopping (gold, cheap electronics, etc. etc), tell the staff and they will hail you a cab and give the cabbie instructions. The Hilton in fuj has been one of my best hotel experiences overseas.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.