TDY Gouge - Scotland

Baseops.Net

Prestwick, Scotland - The Marine Hotel is almost like a Mecca for golfers. Located directly on the Royal Troon Golf Club, which hosts the British Open about every 7 years, it has great views of the course and the bay. You can play the course everyday except Wednesday, which is member's only day. The "proper attire" rules are very strict- no shorts, collared shirt, no cargo-type pants, must have golf shoes. Price to play is about $400. Well worth it to play one of the most famous courses in the world. If this is too much, play the municipal course about 5 miles away- 3 different courses, one being the Darley (rated as one of the 5 toughest courses in Britain). The hotel is very nice and has lots of British Open memorabilia. Food is very good and breakfast is included with your room. Greer Aviation (one of the best FBO's I have ever dealt with) will set up the trans. The only down side is the rooms do not have AC.

My name is Colin Gordon and i am the flight supervisor for Ocean Sky FBO in Prestwick Airport, Scotland (EGPK) We currently look after US Military Herks/C5's/C17 and various other aircraft in the American forces when they are routing through Prestwick. We would be absolutely delighted to look after the crew/pax and aircraft on any visit. Ocean Sky offers DESC fuel to all the visiting units. We have all the necessary equipment in this aviation business to cater for you guys. We have our own fuel, GPU's, Large aircraft steps, Maintenance platforms, fantastic facilities for the crew/pax to relax in whilst transitting. We have free wired/wirless internet, large airside VIP lounge and crew lounges with large TV's, Confrerence rooms, kitchen facilities etc. I have already established some good contacts within the US Mil whether it be AF,Army or Navy. Ocean Sky Prestwick are the only true H24/7 FBO on the airfield. Ocean Sky support whole heartedly, the missions you guys do and we would like to see more of you guys in Prestwick, Scotland with Ocean Sky. My company details are as follows: Name: Ocean Sky Prestwick (FBO) Tel: +44 1292 478961 Fax: +44 1292 479616 email: pikops@oceansky.com SITA: PIKOSXH.

"2" on the high marks given Greer Aviation, we stopped there overnight and they were awesome, they got us a tee time on short notice and even negotiated 1/2 price greens fees! They had complimentary snacks in the fridge when we landed and good boxed lunches ready for us when we left. Top notch customer care! We stayed at the Ramada in Prestwick, typical euro hotel, small rooms (no AC), but it was clean and within stumbling distance of the bars. The pub that was a church (ask a local they will know what you are talking about) has good food and a great selection of single malt scotch. Try the Hagis with neeps and tatties...out f###ing standing! Prestwick is great place to stop!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.