Chances at a fighter slot

Hi everyone,

AFOQT Scores:

Pilot 99/ Nav 98/ AA 91/ Verbal 89/ Quant 82

PCSM: 95 with 160 flights hours (97 @ 201 hrs)

PPL with IR

FAA class 1 medical

Engineering degree with 3.2 GPA and a background in software engineering

I've been rushing guard fighter units for a few years without getting an interview. I am almost 27 and getting closer to waiver range.

Do you guys think I should keep rushing ANG units? Or try the active duty route(OTS rated slot)? I don't really care what I fly or where as long as it's something pointy nosed.

I understand even if you bust your ass nothing is certain, but I'm thinking I'll do well at UPT because I'm a skilled learniner

Thanks everyone.

Edited by fighterslut

10 minutes ago, fighterslut said:

I don't really care what I fly or where as long as it's something pointy nosed.

Maybe that's why you haven't gotten an interview yet? I'd imagine that each unit wants to see passion and excitement over their own air frame and mission. Big difference between an F-35 and an A-10 in both the airplane itself as well as the mission set. What is your preference? Your stats are awesome by the way. Nice work! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, John3806 said:

Maybe that's why you haven't gotten an interview yet? I'd imagine that each unit wants to see passion and excitement over their own air frame and mission. Big difference between an F-35 and an A-10 in both the airplane itself as well as the mission set. What is your preference? Your stats are awesome by the way. Nice work! 

Yea that's totally true. An F-35 is just as exciting to me as an A-10. As somebody that flies 172s, I would die happy to just fly something like a T-6. Anything extra is points 🙂

Thanks for the kind words man!

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

Your numbers are stellar. You've been rushing for a few years and haven't even gotten an interview yet? Sounds like an application problem or personality problem tbh.

Thanks man! Yea harsh but fair.

Confession time: I've only visited two units so far. Clearly I need more face time.