Do all surgeries require additional paperwork?

AspiringPilot

My FC1 physical is coming up soon and I have to submit a 2807 detailing my medical history. I was wondering if all surgeries reported will need the surgery report to go along with it. I had my adenoids out when I was a child at 8 and can get the paperwork if necessary, but not in time for the physical. I was wondering if that would be something they would request a surgical report on or if I should even report it/ avoid it on the form. 

An additional piece of data is this is on my FAA- FC3 physical form. I am not sure how in depth the doc's look at that or if they just look to see I have my FC3 cert and move on.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/12/2017 at 12:48 PM, AspiringPilot said:

My FC1 physical is coming up soon and I have to submit a 2807 detailing my medical history. I was wondering if all surgeries reported will need the surgery report to go along with it. I had my adenoids out when I was a child at 8 and can get the paperwork if necessary, but not in time for the physical. I was wondering if that would be something they would request a surgical report on or if I should even report it/ avoid it on the form. 

An additional piece of data is this is on my FAA- FC3 physical form. I am not sure how in depth the doc's look at that or if they just look to see I have my FC3 cert and move on.

I think I may be able to partially answer your question. I had to submit more paperwork for my surgeries when I enlisted and did the normal physical with MEPS. They needed to verify what procedure was done (removed a bone chip after broken ankle). That being said, when I submitted the 2807 for the FC1 pre-screen they didn't ask for any other paperwork to explain my "yes" answers for surgery. I'm not sure if this is because it was previously marked yes on the first 2807 that I did or not though. As for the FAA third class medical I have no idea. I've done multiple FAA 1st class medicals and they have never asked me for supporting docs of my surgeries. Sorry I can't be of more help but I thought i'd at least try. 

• 3 weeks later...

I nearly cut my finger off, and had to have huge zig-zag scars in my finger where they were searching for the pieces of tendon to stitch back together.  It said it was good to go on my MEPS paperwork and the doc at FC1 didn't care at all.  I brought the paperwork but he never asked for it.