174th Attack Wing (NYANG) POCs for ISTs

I'm a prior service active duty U.S. Army Aviation CPT RC-12/C-12 driver and current part-time Army National Guard CW2 C-12 IP/IFE/MTP.  I fly ISR King Airs as a DoD Contractor overseas on a 60 on/60 off rotating schedule for my full time job and live in Vermont.  Looking to cross over into the Blue to get my commission back and finish up the remainder of my military drilling career in the ANG.  If possible, I'd like to chat with someone in the know about the 152nd AOG or flying MQ-9 RPAs in the 174th Attack Wing (NYANG).  I have lots of prior CAOC, LNO, staff officer and overseas ISR piloting experience.  I've tried both e-mailing and calling an ANG recruiter, but haven't been put in contact with any rated pilots in either unit to chat.  Please feel free to post here or PM me any POCs or pertinent information.  Thanks in advance for all the help!

Hi Herkbum,

Well I turned 40 back in January of this year, so well past the 30 y.o. age cutoff for UPT and the FWQ is unfortunately dead too.  I'm definitely not the youngest of possible candidates for sure, but over 5,000 hours of fixed & rotary wing flight time, ATP: AMEL, ASEL, HELO, Gold Seal CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI, IGI, 3 type ratings, bachelors & masters degrees, etc.  I still need around 7ish good years to get to my 20 and would probably stay much longer for the right ANG/AF Reserve gig in the New England or New York area.  Thanks for any help you can give!

There is no longer a true age limit, within reason, for RPA pilots. Our OG has asked us to not send him any names of folks over 35. Mainly for folks that are to be commissioned. But if currently commissioned and rated, we don't care how old you are. You were previous commissioned, but I am not sure if the the AF considers you a Rated Pilot or not. That's for someone else to determine.

Did you fly the C-12 straight out of pilot training or did you initially go thru rotary training? Again, goes to if the AF considers you fixed Wing qual'd or not. We had an ARNG CPT that was dual UH-60 and C-12 qual'd express interest in our unit. I did a little digging with NGB formal training gurus and they said he was not considered fixed wing qual'd. I forget the exact reason but believe it was because his "UPT" was rotary wing.

I'm not at he 174th, but know quite a few bubbas up there. DM me Monday if no one gets back to you over the weekend, and I will get you some contact info.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

On 7/6/2017 at 10:08 AM, MHS said:

Hey Herkbum,

I just sent you a DM, thanks!

MHS

I was trying to get a buddy in at Cuse, I have a few good friends up there, they told me a few months ago they were fat on pilots and probably not hiring until next year. They recommended trying Niagra or PA. But I'm not there, and things change, good luck! 

I'm in the 152 AOG.  I can get you in contact with the folks you need to talk to there about getting hired.  Shoot me a PM with your contact info and I'll get you to the right place.  Or feel free to ask me any questions.