starting to get close to applying for UPT in the reserves, current enlisted aircraft maintenance

DeltaTango

Hey everyone,

Planning to apply at A KC-10 , C-17 OR C5 Flying squadrons. Currently enlisted reserve aircraft maintenance on the KC-10.

I have a few questions to hopefully help me out in the next 12 months.

Here's what I have got ,

40 hours of flight instruction and all requirements met for private pilot (simply need to execute the check ride)

22 years old (23 at the end of the year)

Current student with expected A.S. DEGREE and certification graduation in December in-

A.S. Air traffic control including terminal, enroute , and Radar simulator experience

A.S Aeronautics

A.S. Aircraft dispatcher with FAA certificated dispatcher certificate

Projected 4 bachelors graduation in July 2015 in Aeronautics at Embry Riddle Worldwide (approx 24 units remaining after transfer in December 2014)

CCAF Completed

Enlisted reserve member in good standing, BMT honor grad, mobilization ribbons, marksmen, etc..standard stuff. 5 years time in service as a Comm/Nav avionics technician

Current 3.66 GPA (Expected to be higher or equal, no lower.)

Very capable in flight planning, aviation weather, IFR procedures and instrument charts, etc

Instrument ground school, commercial ground school, private pilot ground school completed (only private pilot written taken)

Based on these, am I considered a competitive candidate? If not, suggestions to improve?

Also, I spoke with a few pilots upstairs about applying for UPT and they recommended I come back sometime early next year, what is the actual earliest date to apply before graduation from a 4 year institution? (If that is at all possible, I read 270 days Before expected date of graduation?)

Thanks so much for the help! Look forward to hearing suggestions.