Acute Pericarditis

Fallow

Would acute Pericarditis symptoms (that have not come back in 7 years) immediately DNIF a person currently on flight status?

My Dad was diagnosed and treated for Pericarditis recently and the symptoms sound very similar to something I had happen to me a long time ago.

Thanks

Edited by Fallow

I guess that would depend on whether a Dr diagnosed you with that condition or not.

Certainly it would require more tests and most Flt Docs I know would DNIF you until getting those results back, if you were symptomatic.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Edited by Herk Driver

Acute pericarditis is not hereditary so there should be no increased risk of either of you having it because you are related to each other.

You haven't given any specifics of your episode, but acute pericarditis usually makes one pretty sick & if you had some kind of chest pain that you "rode out" until it went away without seeing a doctor, it probably wasn't acute pericarditis. Also, acute pericarditis has some pretty obvious and specific EKG changes so if you saw a doctor during your episode and they did an EKG, they likely would have diagnosed it then.

My guess is you didn't have it. Hope your Dad does well.