Fundraising

Prefontaine

Hi everyone,

This semester I'm in charge of fundraising...and our cadet fund is running rather low, so I'm looking to bring in as much money as possible. I was hoping some members here might have held the same position at one point or have at least been involved in fundraising in the past, and could give me some ideas on what has worked well and what hasn't. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Nathan

Hi everyone,

This semester I'm in charge of fundraising...and our cadet fund is running rather low, so I'm looking to bring in as much money as possible. I was hoping some members here might have held the same position at one point or have at least been involved in fundraising in the past, and could give me some ideas on what has worked well and what hasn't. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Nathan

Where are you guys located? Our det. works with local sports teams to raise money. You could also try to throw on a dance for the school; like a 5$ jam dance or something

Hi everyone,

-Nathan

We were reasonably close to a Interstate. What we did is we got people, businesses to donate cookies and coffee and on a three day weekend we went out and set up and gave people coffee and cookies, to help them where ever they were going. It was for donations only. Once we started doing this we never had to have any other fundraisers except those on Memorial weekend and Labor day week end. We raked in the cash.

If you are located near a big city you might consider checking out some event centers - they usually have food/beer stands or security jobs that you can sign a group up for. Sometimes you can make a few hundred bucks off one night of work (sts).

Where are you guys located? Our det. works with local sports teams to raise money. You could also try to throw on a dance for the school; like a 5$ jam dance or something

What kind of college has a dance?

OSU let organizations do a campus cleanup program... basically you clean up a section of campus every week and make like 2K a qtr.

Guest salokin

My det is near the Dallas/Ft Worth area. So every semester we sign up to work for a Nascar race. It's an entire weekend and we make about 7k/semester. Might try something similar.

I just finished reading a book for my anthropology class about the underground economy of East Harlem.

If you've got a gat and some entrepreneurial spirit, you could make a decent profit selling rocks. Kids love that crap especially before midterms and finals. :o B) <_<

• 3 years later...
Guest JoeBuk06

Looking to make a couple extra dollars for the squadron through a food fundraiser. I was curious to see what other ideas are out there other then just a burger burn.

Guest mattland

Det 003 is doing fundraising with the Houston Texans, making 2K a game. Is there an opporyunity like this around your area? If you have extreemly dedicated cadets, you can organize a fundraiser that eventually donates to the det....