The Jill Metzger thread

Guest Kawen

Yeah, I'll buy that. The only problem is, if you or I went UA for three days on a deployment and lied about why, there'd be no opportunity for healing and getting on with life, it'd be straight to a well-deserved court martial.

Ok--but there'd have to be a convening official willing to put a "traumatized officer" thru a CM, because she made a bad choice? Because she was "mistaken about her facts?". No other discipline issues? otherwise stellar record? No proof the pregnancy wasn't from her husband? Who'd prosecute that mess?

I go off on my own, get stupid drunk for three days AWOL, sober up, come back, tell my tale.

Who wouldn't prosecute?

I'm a big believer in the simple explanation makes the most sense as you hypothesize.

She most likely fucked up, Big Blue made her out to be a hero while embarassing the Krgyz [sic] in getting her out of country ASAP, realizes she has a connection to an up and coming (sts) then three star, decides to cover it up to avoid the public scrutiny.

USAF would never do that, would it?

• Upvote 1

Learjetter - Are you saying that her story being true is really the simplest explanation to this story? Did you read her story? How does any of that sound even remotely plausible? More likely the issue here is big blue being worried about opening a whole bunch of questions that no one wants to answer.

Ditto on her new post being a very bad choice.

I go off on my own, get stupid drunk for three days AWOL, sober up, come back, tell my tale.

Who wouldn't prosecute?

Rainman, me, and a handful of others--but you would get to be snacko again, and deputy asst awards and decs guy.

I haven't been able to make up my mind because I haven't the faintest clue what the truth is. I've read her initial account, the stuff here and elsewhere on the interwebs....but don't think there's a massive conspiracy/coverup going on. You can stifle the OSI, but who's got the horsepower to shut down an FBI investigation?

Learjetter - Are you saying that her story being true is really the simplest explanation to this story? Did you read her story? How does any of that sound even remotely plausible? More likely the issue here is big blue being worried about opening a whole bunch of questions that no one wants to answer.

Ditto on her new post being a very bad choice.

Yes--I'm theorizing that a more simple explanation is likely than what's been touted on the Internet. And the kicker was the FBI concluding it's investigation w/o the AF prosecuting. To me, that means the investigators could not poke holes in her story (whatever story she told them--not the story reported initially).

But I completely agree: this is 60 minutes worthy, or at least AF times....where is the investigative journalism? Where are the reporters? How come she wasn't given a frigging AF CROSS for her heroics? So, something in the public news about all this stinks, no doubt! I'm just not convinvced it's a massive governmental coverup--more likely something simpler...

Rainman, me, and a handful of others--but you would get to be snacko again, and deputy asst awards and decs guy.

I haven't been able to make up my mind because I haven't the faintest clue what the truth is. I've read her initial account, the stuff here and elsewhere on the interwebs....but don't think there's a massive conspiracy/coverup going on. You can stifle the OSI, but who's got the horsepower to shut down an FBI investigation?

Yes--I'm theorizing that a more simple explanation is likely than what's been touted on the Internet. And the kicker was the FBI concluding it's investigation w/o the AF prosecuting. To me, that means the investigators could not poke holes in her story (whatever story she told them--not the story reported initially).

But I completely agree: this is 60 minutes worthy, or at least AF times....where is the investigative journalism? Where are the reporters? How come she wasn't given a frigging AF CROSS for her heroics? So, something in the public news about all this stinks, no doubt! I'm just not convinvced it's a massive governmental coverup--more likely something simpler...

The FBI couldn't "poke holes" in her story because they would have to get a team in country to do some investigating. Anyone really think that would be a good thing for already tense relations with the Kyrgyz? I am sure the result of the investigation was "inconclusive."

But, the FBI investigated--and obviously decided nothing criminal took place

My simple explanation says the FBI investigated an abduction and found out it was just a case of trashy sex, abortion, and lying. As a result, they left if to Big Blue to prosecute since it was their business.

Edited by HerkDerka

Guest aero610

Let me throw a couple of unknown facts for the old hopper. I was at DM while she was there as Corely's executive officer and her mentor, fellow alumni from North Carolina State is Gary North.

It just so happens that North was at Manas the week she disappeared and reappeared. He was there visiting the base (our last air bridge), coordinating with Embassy officials and local officials over future basing rights.

Here's another nugget.....Corely filed for divorce in Tucson, just before leaving for Ramstein where he pinned on his star. Within the year, a young Captain Metzger reported to Ramstein where it was rumor Corely and her were seen on the track.

Just food for the fodder cannon.......

• 1 month later...

Gents (and maybe ladies)

In an attempt to keep some anonymity here, I started a new baseops name. (Mods, please dont track me down!) But, I just got elected to US Congress and will be taking office in just a few weeks. I have been following the Metzger story since it has happened, and I have been personally questioning why this was swept under the rug.

That said, if you know anything personally that is worth asking, please feel free to respond to this thread, or PM me. I am definitely interested in at least asking some questions of leadership as to why an AWOL soldier is still on the taxpayer dime, and has collected over 500K in taxpayer money since the scandal, and gets a gentle reinstatement.

Thanks folks.

Fellow baseopser

Edited by congressman

I remember just a few months ago when a bunch of Base Op'ers were duped into pm'ing a bunch of confidential info to someone that should not have been getting it.

I'm sure there are plenty of suckers out there that will bite on this. When you do, tell the "congressman" hello for me.

Understood folks. Rest assured I am legit, not looking for personal info just some coherent thoughts and questions that might be asked.

Huggy, you have met me....tried to PM you but I cant.

Also, Ive been a member of baseops since 2003

Edited by congressman

All,

I can personally vouch for "Congressman".

I know him personally.

He is legit and is asking for honest input (no rumors, no emotions, just facts), so that he can ask honest questions about what happened.

CH

He may be a good dude but...whatever.

He has the means to find information himself if he wants to. That's what his staffers are for, if he wants to waste his/their valuable time and resources.

If he was my congressman I would hope he would be working on more important things than this. Seriously.

He may be a good dude but...whatever.

He has the means to find information himself if he wants to. That's what his staffers are for, if he wants to waste his/their valuable time and resources.

If he was my congressman I would hope he would be working on more important things than this. Seriously.

Alright then, noted.

Alright then, noted.

Agree w/Rainman (wait, what?) that this topic isn't worth too much time from the congressman, there are far, far more pressing issues than this to deal with...that said, a simple RFI memo from the Congressman to the appropriate AF office, merely inquiring as to the facts of the issue might be enough to kick loose an official response. Said response may contain statements that could be further examined at leisure by the congressman's staff (sts).

Then again, said memo may get sh*t-canned immediately, with nary a thought. The lack of a response, however, is itself a response that invites further inquiry...

Congratulations on the election and good luck in your endeavour, sir. I hope you serve your constituents well during a term of honorable service.

Alright then, noted.

No offense intended, just sayin'. You're off the hook with me anyway. I'm in the Mn 3rd district, I'm not on of your constituents.

Alright then, noted.

Hey, if you are for real then good on ya. This orginization needs some "aniseptic sunlight" beamed on it pretty badly. :thumbsup:

Also, you might want to take a look at the number of pilots we spend millions to train who then sit behind a desk most of their careers. Also there is Al Udeid, I'd be happy to tell you how many college educations I've dumped out of my plane in jet fuel due to lazy/inept planning.... :banghead:

On a side note, could you write a bill that waves my ADSC? Maybe attach it to next years defense budget? Just asking...

Edited by PasserOGas

Alright then, noted.

225+ posts of disbelief and people crying out for justice, and you roll over and die because of the comments of one poster? Doesn't sound like someone making a career in politics to me.

I'm a Brit and don't know anything about US politics. But, if this were an issue involving the RAF, I'd be supporting my MP and would be quite sure that there are plenty of things he could be doing *in addition* to looking into this. I'd remind him that this incident damaged international relations with a foreign power on whom our nation was reliant in order to fight the global war on terror; that it reeks of some kind of nepotistic corruption that his constituents may not be happy about paying for; and that the individual concerned has made a mockery of the support available to combatants with real PTSD, and continues to cost his constituents hard-earned taxpayer £s that could be spent on more worthy causes.

Personally, I am pretty interested in seeing whether the Wikileaks cables will shed any light on this.

Edited by Steve Davies

Personally, I am pretty interested in seeing whether the Wikileaks cables will shed any light on this.

There is supposedly some Kyrgyzstan stuff in the leaked documents, so that wouldn't surprise me. What a coup if there was something in there about it.

225+ posts of disbelief and people crying out for justice, and you roll over and die because of the comments of one poster? Doesn't sound like someone making a career in politics to me.

I'm a Brit and don't know anything about US politics. But, if this were an issue involving the RAF, I'd be supporting my MP and would be quite sure that there are plenty of things he could be doing *in addition* to looking into this. I'd remind him that this incident damaged international relations with a foreign power on whom our nation was reliant in order to fight the global war on terror; that it reeks of some kind of nepotistic corruption that his constituents may not be happy about paying for; and that the individual concerned has made a mockery of the support available to combatants with real PTSD, and continues to cost his constituents hard-earned taxpayer £s that could be spent on more worthy causes.

Steve,

No worries, I was merely noting Rainman's response...not rolling over.