The Jill Metzger thread

Guest Kawen

Guest Safe&Clear

Easy there, M2...

JoJo, your theory is a good one and certainly makes some sense.

However, the personality of this woman, previous high-up contacts, athletic ability and overall reputation tell me that A) she's too savvy to get herself into a rape situation B) she's tough enough to fight off most any dude C) she's well connected enough that if she WAS raped, whoever did it would have been FRIED by the time she got the dye out of her hair.

Plus, we all know rape cases are impossible to keep quiet-- media is all over it in no-time. No way they could have kept it quiet had a man committed a crime against a woman!

The "Oops I got knocked-up" scenario is still the most plausible....

Edited by Safe&Clear

the track record on rape isn't the best since the Academy rape scandal.

I'm sorry. What?

Since the Academy rape scandal, which is what started most of the current system, we have the whole dual reporting process with SARC's and the whole nine yards. The USAFA rape scandal is what brought all of this to the forefront and got us on the road to where we are now, which is much better for victims than it ever has been before, IMHO. The track record before the USAFA rape scandal might not have been the greatest, but I think it is pretty damn good since then.

Every case that I have seen in the military in general has been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, especially the most recent ones. That of course is for the victims that come forward and opt to prosecute. This includes several cadets/midshipmen and at least one Lt that was accused after commissioning for an act that occurred while a cadet. I'm sure there have been plenty AD as well, they just don't get the media attention that the Academies do.

Maybe she didn't want to have an exam done at Bagram or wherever because if there were complications from some surgery, it would have been all too obvious since she wouldnt' have been healed completely. Either way, none of this is an excuse for going AWOL.

Guest jojo61397
Easy there, M2...

JoJo, your theory is a good one and certainly makes some sense.

However, the personality of this woman, previous high-up contacts, athletic ability and overall reputation tell me that A) she's too savvy to get herself into a rape situation B) she's tough enough to fight off most any dude C) she's well connected enough that if she WAS raped, whoever did it would have been FRIED by the time she got the dye out of her hair.

Plus, we all know rape cases are impossible to keep quiet-- media is all over it in no-time. No way they could have kept it quiet had a man committed a crime against a woman!

The "Oops I got knocked-up" scenario is still the most plausible....

Agreed the knocked up theory is the most plausible, but I also think this one holds a LOT of water...

WRT her personality, one word that would cause her to do those things too is embarassment. You can disagree with me on this point, but I have been there, done that, got the AF T-shirt-- women are held to higher standard by their peers (not by the AF itself-- actually it's a much embarassingly lower standard). If she had the reputation to be able to handle things under pressure, aka a rape scenario, but she didn't handle them, she could have been embarassed/ashamed. 9 times out of 10 rapes are not reported, and if she was raped in a humulating and embarassing way it would have spread like wildfire through the press. She was looked upon as someone who could fight off an attacker, strong, arrogant, if she was raped she would not be looked upon like that anymore.

I'll give you a very personal story-- I was sexually assaulted in high school-- not raped. I fought off my attacker as best I could, and lucky for me it was stopped by a teacher. I had the reputation of being a tough girl, I was a good runner, I was strong, it would have been so easy to fight him off. I didn't report the assault to anyone, and I should of, but not because I was afraid for my life-- it was because I was utterly and completely embarassed. I had scars from the incident, but I didn't want some strange cop taking pictures of me. I was the LAST person who people would have thought allowed this happen. That's the mentality of it-- you think because you are tough, you are fast, and you can beat the crap out of some men-- that somehow you are above getting raped. It's not the case. For a woman in a position that she was in, being raped could be psychologically devestating. Especially if she holds herself to that high of a standard. For me, I regret everyday I didn't report it, because the guy went on to rape others, and is in prison.

If this is the case, she would have refused do the medical examination, because if it is discovered she is raped, it will get out that she is not the tough broad she wants to appear to be. If she was raped or had a D and C (aka abortion) in either case the medical examination can be very painful. Her entire lifestyle would go on trial. Either way it doesn't excuse the AWOL, it just may explain it. And I hope something comes to light, because obiviously something is very wrong with her.

Guest TheBurt

JoJo,

I'd be interested in what your PTSD is from, are you AE, did you do convoy duty? please expound, many of the posters here are experienced combat aviators and have been exposed to hundreds of combat missions (ranging from benign and boring to oh, sh*t did you see that, rocket attacks, mortar attacks, etc), I personally don't know of anyone, including our AE folks that has claimed PTSD after almost 6 years of rotations to OEF/OIF.

You said something about, women being held to a higher standard, well, in my 17 years in the military I have found the exact opposite to be true......... your scenario about her being raped seems implausible and................ a big stretch.

Get psycho Metzger what she deserves........ a swift ride out of our military, without pay, benefits and the shame she truly deserves, quit giving women a free pass. Military women should be angered by Metzger, and the AF cover up, this to me is what is demeaning to women.

TheBurt

but that would explain the running away and her trying to change her appearance (common thing a woman does when raped), declining the medical exam (shame), ect...

I am a big fan of "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" myself...

Now where do I begin??

If she was raped, the AF would have had a field day with it! They would have scoured the earth for whoever did it and arrested anyone he ever talked to for safe measure. They would have been public about it too! Absolute silence is reserved for cases of favoritism and cover-ups.

“Refused medical exam”…. I don’t think so. If you have been missing for three days and turn up saying you were kidnapped, you get a full work up. Try wreaking one of Uncle Sam’s airplanes someday and see if you get to refuse a medical exam…. Oh no, you get the works… I am talking “Roto-Rooter”. Same goes for POW’s, rape victims, and psycho personnel officers.

The AF knows exactly what that medical exam revealed and their silence tells a lot!

She kidnapped herself!

Guest F4G-Mx/SMO
If she had been raped, the AF wouldn't have concealed one single detail.

HD

Upon her returned to Moody the only people to meet her where her parents, her husband, father-in-law, and pastor. A PAO NCO was there to take pictures. Odd that the Wing, Vice and Sqdn COs were absent? If a victim, where's the compassion baby? If a hero from fighting off her attacker, running 30 miles bare-footed, and finding a farm house with a phone, where is the AF band and the medals? :flag_waving:

The official written statement from the Vice to the press is we welcome Jill back, we need to get her well and reintegrated her into the AF! Huh? Reintegrate what? Ok, plug that baby in!

OK, she was missing for 72 hours and deployed for 4 months! In that 72 hour period she went from 110 to 90 pounds.

She was training at Manas AB for the AF Marathon in mid-September 06, I mention that since I haven't come up with a plausible explanation of losing 20 pounds other than marathon training. Some have said an abortion would cause this or trauma but I'm not an expert on that and know running will drop weight quickly.

Folks, I'm not on a witch hunt here! :nob: I just think the AF and an AF Major need to sit down and make a statement, clear the air, and let the taxpayer know what all the money was for searching, investigating, minding, etc. The perception of favoritism, fraternization, and special handling that a normal GI wouldn't get is quite apparent. Of course let’s not forget the one liner that the news media drops like, "Abducted female AF Major fails polygraph, subpoena to appear before federal grand jury. How many AF officers have you heard of before Jill Metzger being required to appear before a grand jury?

My dad, the Chief after serving 30 years active, and 20 years AF civil service always said that regulations can always be changed, stipulated, waived or eliminated but always apply them equally to both officer's, NCOs, Airman, men, and women! :rock:

post-3858-1185577307_thumb.jpg

I just think the AF and an AF Major need to sit down and make a statement, clear the air, and let the taxpayer know what all the money was for searching, investigating, minding, etc.

Do you think that should happen before or after the United States Air Force or the US Government apologies to the host nation for the way that this has been handled?

(Sorry Rain...)

If she was raped, and I don't believe it for a second, but for the sake of the argument if she was, and it was reported, it would have been handled and there would have been probably some mention of it without details or names in the AF Times.

But if our theory is true, the USAF has painted itself in a corner and unfortunately this is exactly how I would expect it to play out. Seriously, put yourself on the CSAF's 'think tank' and at this point what else could you do? Keep quiet and hope it blows over (and for the most part except this forum and militarycorruption.com it has) is about their only option. Say she has PTSD and no one will come near her. Assign a 'handler' to stop anyone dumb enough to approach her anyway. Temporarily retire her and she'll go away, tell her if she doesn't keep her mouth shut, she'll be recalled to active duty and court martialed. Exactly as I would have planned it, if I had...

As I said way back on 8 Sep 2006 (when this thread started), I am sure we'll never hear the truth about what happened...

Cheers! M2

I just think the AF and an AF Major need to sit down and make a statement, clear the air, and let the taxpayer know what all the money was for searching, investigating, minding, etc. The perception of favoritism, fraternization, and special handling that a normal GI wouldn't get is quite apparent. Of course let’s not forget the one liner that the news media drops like, "Abducted female AF Major fails polygraph, subpoena to appear before federal grand jury. How many AF officers have you heard of before Jill Metzger being required to appear before a grand jury?

All due respect, but do you seriously expect that to happen? (Sorry, gotta keep up my post count in this thread! I feel it is my duty! :salut:). Nothing the USAF can do now will repair the damaged relations between us and the Kyrgies. Apologizing and saying we (the USAF) was involved in a cover-up concerning a golden child's abortion will do nothing to mend fences.

What I am surprised is that State isn't all over this. You'd think the US Embassy in Bishkek would be catching the biggest shitbomb from all this. But in the big scheme of things I guess Kyrgyzstan is not high on State's list of concerns...

So, nothing is too good when it comes to Jill Metzger, and that is exactly what we will hear about her...nothing!

Cheers! M2

Do you think that should happen before or after the United States Air Force or the US Government apologies to the host nation for the way that this has been handled?

I agree on the apology bit. But, trust me the Krygyz gov't is happy to get their check each month from Uncle Sugar for the lease and gas, etc. You wouldn't believe the amount of money that Manas costs each year.

Here's my WAG.

The good jogger got close to someone of not significant importance. Things got hotter and hotter in the relationship at the same pace as the outside temperature. This inappropriate relationship happened and she immediately felt massive guilt. And worry. Severe guilt and her mind started spinning. WTF have I done? I'm so screwed. Weird sheit starts to fill her mind. She has a complete mental meltdown. On the Cindy Sheehan scale she hits a 6.9 magnitude crack-up. She 'checks out' mentally. Her friends notice a change in her personality and that she's acting weird. Not her normal self. They vow to stay with her and do more things with her. In the meantime her mental state continues to corkscrew downward. She has a total mental breakdown and goes plain NUTS--similar in characteristics to a jealous NASA chick. She begins to thing people are talking about her. Watching her. Following her. She has started to lose her own identity and function. The guilt weighs on her. Do people know? While with her friends at the mall they talk behind her back and make looks at her. She thinks they're trouble and know about her guilt. She leaves them and goes to change her appearance. She can't trust anyone. The guilt is just too much. She's disappointed in herself and what she's done. She mutilates her body in response to the overwelming guilt she feels. Hours go by and she can't remember them. She blanks out several hours with a single day. Can't remember anything during those times. Locals find her and assist her in getting in contact with the base. People have questions and want answers.

Batman

Guest Safe&Clear

I've decided that Fox News won't investigate this because they are so extremely pro-military; they don't wanna touch anything that makes the AF look bad.

CNN is steering clear because of their liberal political correctness; they don't wanna touch anything that makes a woman look bad.

CNBC is pretty middle-of-the-road; maybe I'll write them!

Guest F4G-Mx/SMO
I've decided that Fox News won't investigate this because they are so extremely pro-military; they don't wanna touch anything that makes the AF look bad.

CNN is steering clear because of their liberal political correctness; they don't wanna touch anything that makes a woman look bad.

CNBC is pretty middle-of-the-road; maybe I'll write them!

I sent Michelle Makin an email and asked her why the news media was so eager to jump on this last September and when she went to the grand jury but now it was all quiet on the news front?

She stated news organizations generally agree that negative stories on military personnel is not good sales copy because of the war was not going well. :bash:

• 1 month later...
Guest Safe&Clear

Well, according to the MilitaryCorruption.com folks, she's running in the AF Marathon this year... Outstanding!

How the fvck can she show her face in public?

Anybody else running in this thing? She should be easy to beat, being "disabled" and all...

• 1 month later...
Guest Brewdog

The incident recently recieved brief mention in the Stars & Stripes E-publication, unfortunately nothing new.

"Rules are now tighter for servicemembers wanting to venture off base since September 2006, when Air Force Maj. Jill Metzger, a champion marathon runner on temporary assignment to Kyrgyzstan, vanished for nearly 72 hours. When she re-emerged, her hair had been cut short and was dyed brown. Brown dye stain was on her hands.

U.S. Justice Department and FBI agents investigated the case, and Kyrgyz law enforcement authorities were skeptical of her strange tale of having been held hostage after a note and object, she claimed, were put into her pockets while on an organized shopping tour in Bishkek, the capital. The note said a bomb would be blown up if she did not follow the instructions.

Smith and others declined to comment on the subject in interviews, saying that neither he nor any of the other personnel currently on base were stationed at Manas during the incident. But privately, airmen and officers alike complain about the restrictions erected since the episode."

Entire article at: http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?sectio...p;article=49384

• 1 month later...

More form Military Corruption.com

Anyone need cash?

$100,000 REWARD :rock:

OFFERED TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP SOLVE

THE MAJ JILL METZGER CASE - INFORMATION

NEEDED TO ASCERTAIN AUTHENTICITY OF HER

FANTASTIC TALE OF ABDUCTION AND ESCAPE

IN KYRGYZSTAN - INTEL ALSO SOUGHT INTO WHO

ARRANGED "COVER-UP" - DID JILL'S RETIRED

COLONEL DADDY AND YOUNG OSI AGENT HUBBY

HELP AIR FORCE "POSTER GIRL" $CORE 100%

PTSD "DISABILITY" PENSION? - WHY DID TOP

BRASS GENUFLECT IN JILL'S DIRECTION? WHAT

COULD SHE TELL THEY DON'T WANT KNOWN?

© 2007 MilitaryCorruption.com

Readers of this mass circulation military web site - 1.6 million hits per month - know we have offered Air Force "poster girl," Maj. Jill Metzger, $100,000 to come clean and tell the true story of what really happened to her in Kyrgyzstan in September of 2006.

Hundreds of our readers have contacted us since we started our relentless investigation into this "cover-up" to express their disgust at Air Force Chief of Staff. Gen. T. Michael Moseley and other top brass hats who have oddly fallen all over themselves to genuflect in Jill's direction.

Now we have made our $100,000 offer "reward" money, payable to anyone - military or civilian - who can provide us with information leading to the arrest and conviction of those who may be responsible for deceiving our men and women in uniform and defrauding the disability pension system.

Few things are lower and more disgusting than someone "scamming" or being allowed to rip off a "disability" pension, which genuinely injured and wounded veterans returning to the USA from Iraq and Afghanistan deserve, but often don't get. Even soldiers and Marines who have lost an arm or a leg in combat aren't as lucky as Jill, who strangely enough started out with the maximum amount after being declared 100% "disabled" prior to the Air Force quietly easing her out the back door.

WHAT IF JILL'S STORY IS A LIE? WHO WILL GO TO JAIL AS A RESULT?

Two-time Air Force Marathon winner and highly-connected Jill Metzger had to suffer actual "trauma" of some kind - like being abducted and later escaping armed guards, running 30 miles barefoot to freedom - in order to qualify for a PTSD diagnosis.

If Jill's story was an elaborate lie, concocted to cover up some kind of "misconduct," and her high-ranking enablers helped her get away, not only without punishment but with profit, the very act of her cashing those large tax-free PTSD pension checks could and should send someone to prison. We can't recall any general officer getting sent to Leavenworth. Maybe it's time to show the troops no one is above the law. Being a flag officer should not "immunize" someone from paying the price for their crimes.

But what can you do when the FBI, the OSI (Jill's youthful hubby is one of their agents) and the suddenly impotent or indifferent Secretary of Defense Robert Gates won't enforce the law? What happened to the much-vaunted "investigation" into this bizarre and troubling case? Has it gone down the "memory hole?"

AT AIR FORCE TIMES, THE "SILENCE" ON THIS STORY IS DEAFENING

"Daddy" Metzger, the retired Air Force colonel, made some pretty incredible claims as to his daughter's "derring-do" which were given splash-play by that great, independent publication Air Force TIMES - no "Pentagon lap dogs" are they - that we wonder when the Gannett-owned and very "politically correct" newspaper is going to do a "follow-up"article or even write an indignant editorial.

Don't hold your breath waiting.

The TIMES, by economic necessity, has to maintain a certain friendly relationship with the people they cover. We don't - and we won't.. You deserve to know the unvarnished truth, and that's what you will always get at MilitaryCorruption.com

[EDITOR'S NOTE: We urge our readers to print out and/or photocopy this $100,000 REWARD notice. Distribute it as widely as possible on all Air Force bases in CONUS and overseas - especially Manas AFB; Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany; and, of course, Moody AFB in Georgia. Even a small piece of information might provide the clue that finally breaks this "cover-up" wide open. Sooner or later, someone will talk. Why not you? We're offering big money to make it worth your while. Contact us at once at staff@militarycorruption.com. Identities will be withheld upon request.]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just goes to show you that being a golden child is worth the trouble, even if that means being some freak long-distance runner.

Had this been your average tac airlifter or someone who spent their career actually flying for the Air Force, and not involved in some stupid recruiting effort such as our “professional athletes” or Tops in Blue, their nuts would have been fried on the BBQ.

Wave bye-bye to Jill, she was stupid and got away with it, despite everyone knowing the true story. But karma is a bitch, and I hope at least her hubby was smart enough to kick her ass to the curb. The Air Force sure as hell wasn’t…

Cheers! M2

• 3 months later...
Maybe she's in astronaut training.

Classic. I just wish that as a service we could quit fvcking up so maybe this would make a bigger headline. It gets lost in the news about nuke buffoonery and all the class As we've had this year. I know her hubby from school so I eagerly await the day that a TDY takes me his way so we can sit down and have a beer. He must be hating life...

She's no longer listed...wasn't she "medically retired?"

Temporarily on 2 July 07, for 16 Months. Seems they can’t retire someone who is under investigation. AF is using the “it is an ongoing investigation” routine to keep from having to answer questions about it. Not sure what is going to happen in November.

I think they cooked up the temporary retirement thing because couldn’t find anywhere to put her where she would not be a distraction. Oh, and the whole thing about having a big liar, who is under investigation, being in a position of responsibility.

• 3 weeks later...

From http://www.militarycorruption.com/

THE MAJ JILL METZGER COVER-UP FINALLY

COMES UNDONE

MilitaryCorruption.com has conducted an intensive two-year investigation trying to dig out the truth behind the bizarre "abduction" of former Air Force poster girl, Maj. Jill Metzger, in Kyrgyzstan in September 2006. Now we can say with confidence we have at last uncovered the ugly and shocking truth.

That story will be published on these pages in a three-part series in the near future, as we get closer to the second anniversary of this dark and shameful chapter in Air Force history.

Looks like they are waiting for the 2 year anniversary in September...says someone from OSI leaked some info... I wonder if there is a statute of limitations on lying to investigators!