147th RW

Guest ToiletDuck

Guest ToiletDuck

Hi guys I'm wanting to get in with the 147th Fighter Wing to fly F-16's or F-15's because they are located closer to my home area and it would work out very well. I'm trying to get an application together for me and could use a little help on that as well. I'll be reading through all the helpful guides up front tonight.

Anyway I don't have much flight time. I only have around 1300hrs with 100hrs multi and the rest of the part 135IFR requirements. Both units have openings so I was wondering if any of you were part of them and could give me some insight. Would recomendations from any Lt. Col's here at the Laughlin AFB make a difference? That's about as high up the chain as I go. I met a few full birds but only met them while I actually work with the Lt's because of the program I'm doing with them. Very nice guy. Actually was a Northwest pilot who left and came back to the Airforce lol... So if anyone can offer me some tips or a way to get my paperwork pushed through that would be great. I've met all the requirements they have listed. However my degree was in Aviation Sciences from Baylor University. Some of them list that you need a 4yr degree with one in business or management preferred so I guess I'm screwed there. Thanks for any advice.

Guest wcsmithut
Originally posted by pcgoeken:

147th FW was realigned to receive Predators, I doubt they are still hiring into the F-16 but maybe.

The 147th is looking for an experienced F-16 instructor pilot - or that's what I heard last I talked to them.

Guest ToiletDuck

Why the hell don't they put that in their job requirements? It says nothing about any of that. Read through the job description and what the qualifications must be.

• 4 months later...
Guest flyboy2181

Does anyone know if the 147th is hiring pilots for the predator? I'm interested in flying them and that squadron and would appreciate any more info about it. (I checked the website listed above but usually pilot slots, etc are never posted on a website like that.) Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I'm looking for some contact info for the 147th at Ellington Field. I'm a guy looking to leave active duty and stay involved with military flying, hopefully with the TX ANG. I'll be ultimately settling in the DFW area.

Specifically, I'd like to try to be an RC-26 Mission Systems Officer, so if anyone could help point me in that direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd like to stop by for a drill weekend (or several) and get to know some folks before I apply.

Guest Guard130pilot
I'm looking for some contact info for the 147th at Ellington Field. I'm a guy looking to leave active duty and stay involved with military flying, hopefully with the TX ANG. I'll be ultimately settling in the DFW area.

Specifically, I'd like to try to be an RC-26 Mission Systems Officer, so if anyone could help point me in that direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd like to stop by for a drill weekend (or several) and get to know some folks before I apply.

Good luck in your job search.

147RWRC_26Pilotofficer4Sep.uf.doc

147RWRC_26MissionSystemsOfficer4Sep08.uf.doc

Edited by Guard130pilot

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought the 147th was all RPAs. They still operate RC-26s? My UPT flight commander went there to fly RC-26s but I thought he had to cross over to UAVs. I'm from the greater Houston area and have always been interested in working at Ellington if I could Palace Chase.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right now they'll probably be taking on RPA pilots, they'll be switching from MQ-1's to MQ-9's and need a lot of people to cover current ops as well as people to go get trained on the new aircraft.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
16 hours ago, RC26MSO said:

Right now about any state that has a RC-26 needs MSO's. There just aren't many 12xs out there, so if interested I can point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

I'm interested in the MSO job. Former CH-47 pilot and former MC-130P/C-130 Navigator. Please PM me on details.