Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Alright, I’m getting antsy and sick of waiting on AFPC to pull the trigger. Has anyone tried setting a separation date for the end of your ADSC while having a PC application pending? The PC reg only states you can’t be within “6 months of a normal date of separation at the time of application.”

I’d like to set a DOS, start the ball rolling to get my family and our stuff packed and moved this summer. I can just hang out here and either wait for PC approval/terminal or even longer for terminal for my normal DOS. My ISR says setting a DOS will make me ineligible for PC. I’m not seeing that in the reg or the PSDM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re at the end of your ADSC and separating, doesn’t that by definition make it Palace Front?

I’m not at the end of my ADSC yet, but will be soon. I’m only asking for 3 months off for PC, so I can move my family over the summer.

42 minutes ago, MooseAg03 said:

I’m not at the end of my ADSC yet, but will be soon. I’m only asking for 3 months off for PC, so I can move my family over the summer.

Right, but the part where you want to establish a DOS at the end of your ADSC, that makes it PF. 

Right, but the part where you want to establish a DOS at the end of your ADSC, that makes it PF. 

Yes, I’m aware of that. I would prefer the slightly early out with PC, but I don’t want to have to sell back half of my terminal leave and I’d like to get TMO and all that stuff started. So any idea if you can do both at once?

Edit: Actually it wouldn’t even be both at once. I wouldn’t even apply for Palace Front unless they seriously delay my PC approval. I just want the separation date set to try to get TMO set up.

Mine left the Wing and arrived at the PC office on 3 April.  Finally moved from PC to the Assignments team on 17 May.  How long from this point were you guys getting a tentative yay or nay?

Mine arrived at officer assignments on 25 March. It got back to PC Separations on 22 Apr and still nothing. I’ll let you know when I hear something.

To answer my own question above for those that might reference this in the future, you cannot set a separation date and simultaneously apply for Palace Chase. According to AFPC, you can only have 1 Voluntary Separation application pending at a time. Leaving the Air Force at the completion of your ADSC is considered voluntary separation, so you’d have to cancel any pending PC application to do that. The table in 36-3205 says you can’t have a pending voluntary separation.

Those of you who have gotten Palace Chase approval, do you get an official email notification or something?

My Voluntary Separation application has the signed resignation acceptance from the O-6, but the CMS routing shows it is still in process and sitting with Palace Chase Separations. I’m wondering if I can print the signed resignation and go start out processing.

I’ll just keep answering my own questions since apparently everyone else who applied has peaced out.

The official email you receive with tentative approval explicitly states you aren’t cleared to out process. The guard/reserve unit then has to endorse your 1288 and send it back to AFPC to obtain final approval. I’m waiting at that stage. PC got to AFPC on 1 March, tentative approval 30 May.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 5:22 PM, MooseAg03 said:

I’ll just keep answering my own questions since apparently everyone else who applied has peaced out.

The official email you receive with tentative approval explicitly states you aren’t cleared to out process. The guard/reserve unit then has to endorse your 1288 and send it back to AFPC to obtain final approval. I’m waiting at that stage. PC got to AFPC on 1 March, tentative approval 30 May.

That seems lightning quick compared to what I've seen recently.  Mine has been at AFPC for almost 2 months with a long way to go.

I called the Total Force Service Center any time it sat somewhere longer than 10 days and they would open a CMS case. My ISR freaked out a bit when I told him I had already started out-processing, then he called a contact at AFPC to try to nudge it along. There’s no reason why it should take any longer than 2 months if it isn’t even going to SAF.

Moose...I’m following along too. When I left for vacay last week mine had been sitting with AFPC PC Separations (after O-6) for 5 days. Nothing added from the O-6 to the form on my voluntary sep app. I tried to care but could only think about cold drinks and Cabo beaches at the time. Hopefully when I get in tomorrow it’ll have moved. Likely not though.

Edited to add: I applied mid-Jan ‘19 for a mid-Jan ‘20 sep. No rush yet. Hopefully AFPC doesn’t push it out much further though.

I called the Total Force Service Center any time it sat somewhere longer than 10 days and they would open a CMS case. My ISR freaked out a bit when I told him I had already started out-processing, then he called a contact at AFPC to try to nudge it along. There’s no reason why it should take any longer than 2 months if it isn’t even going to SAF.

Good technique. I'm a few steps behind you. What set of initials is the Functional? Mine went from DP2ORM back to DP2OR but no changes to my AFPC attachment in my app.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Baseops Network mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Palace Chase tentatively approved as of yesterday. 

Developmental Electrical Engineer (62E), asked for 10 months off of four year initial ADSC to attend UPT and fly C-17s for AFRes. Initially submitted 14 May if I remember correctly, so it took less than two months.

• Upvote 1

Palace Chase tentatively approved as of yesterday. 
Developmental Electrical Engineer (62E), asked for 10 months off of four year initial ADSC to attend UPT and fly C-17s for AFRes. Initially submitted 14 May if I remember correctly, so it took less than two months.

Congrats on early release and UPT!
My application has been with the total force board for final adjudication for over a month. I’ve been told the board is meeting twice weekly and my requested separation date was 1 July. If approved it’ll be interesting as to what they set my sep date for, per the AFI it is set for approximately 75 days from approval.
I originally submitted my application in late Feb.

Is the TFB after the Division Chief Adjudication for you?

I have approvals from Sq/CC, Wg/CC, Functional, and Palace Chase Team.  Currently with Division Chief.  My buddy's package went to the TFB before the Division Chief but mine didn't.  Kinda curious why.

I think I answered my question after reading this entire thread...

The TFB is only for any apps going to SAF/PC.  If you have approvals all the way up, then the O-6 is the final approval authority.  My buddy had all approvals too, so still curious why his went to the TFB at all.

For those of you that have been through this process and gotten approvals, what can I be doing right now so I don't put myself in a jam if the approval finally comes down in the last hour?  I'm currently a month from my proposed sep date.

7 hours ago, Tactical Void said:

Palace chase approved. 11M, 6 months off UPT ADSC. Here is a picture of the CMS trail:

IMG_0534.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I saw your post so I just logged into CMS and it looks like the O-6 approved mine as well.  However, I can't see the signed "approval instrument" on my application because the link isn't working on my laptop.  Did you get an email or are you just going off CMS/vMPF?

I'm about to drive my happy ass to work to print this fucking thing out!

Edited by BADFNZ