Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

PC denied!

Asked for 8months early off UPT ADSC. What got me was my Sq/CC, WG/CC, and functional all non-recommended. I'm 100% confident I would have got approved otherwise.

This process is incredibly frustrating but I have learned a lot about it along the way. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

PC denied!

Asked for 8months early off UPT ADSC. What got me was my Sq/CC, WG/CC, and functional all non-recommended. I'm 100% confident I would have got approved otherwise.

This process is incredibly frustrating but I have learned a lot about it along the way. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Pretty sure the SAF is the approval authority. I've heard of people getting non-recommended at every level and still ultimately being approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the SAF is the approval authority. I've heard of people getting non-recommended at every level and still ultimately being approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard that too, but not recently and even still it seems to be the exception and not the rule.

13 hours ago, Tizzle said:

PC denied!

Well this isn't reassuring...

I know an 11F who is going to full time position, but had non-concur from WG/CC. Unknown on AFPC. He asked for 6 mo off and got countered with 4. Where I asked for 6 and got it, only difference I can tell is mine had all concurs. Maybe SAF does really care about concur status on your app?

• Upvote 1

It still goes higher to the office of csaf board. Regardless of an afpc approval or disapproval. Afpc's current policy is to generally approve 6 months or less. And say no to anything more. The app has to go to all 4 stops regardless of approval or disapproval. The only way it wouldn't would be if you pulled it early.

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

I also think they care about manning numbers where you are at vs where you are going. And cc comments. Maybe he said something like I really need this 11f for two more months then we would be ok. Or something of the sort. You never know and I bet it depends case by case.

Good point. My losing SQ manning is better off than his. That very well could have been the delineating factor. 

Probably a good idea to address that point in the personal MFR. Tell the board how it won't hurt manning or how the risk will be at least somewhat mitigated. 

Anyone mind sharing examples of successful personal MFRs? Spoke with my AFPC functional today and he approves but highly recommended the MFR for SAF. Asking for 4 months off UPT and transfer 363 days of GI Bill to Reserves.

3 hours ago, * said:

Anyone mind sharing examples of successful personal MFRs? Spoke with my AFPC functional today and he approves but highly recommended the MFR for SAF. Asking for 4 months off UPT and transfer 363 days of GI Bill to Reserves.

Send me a PM with your mil email. 

Anyone have luck Palace Front with GI Bill  TX still past your DOS?  I was pursuing PC due to GI Bill, but ISR is recommending PF.

I know the whole discussion we have had here on the GI Bill, but my recruiters all concur that PF with GI Bill straight to the reserves is a non-issue. 

12 hours ago, * said:

Anyone have luck Palace Front with GI Bill  TX still past your DOS?  I was pursuing PC due to GI Bill, but ISR is recommending PF.

I know the whole discussion we have had here on the GI Bill, but my recruiters all concur that PF with GI Bill straight to the reserves is a non-issue. 

There is a ton of confusion on PF/PF with the GI Bill, and no one knows what the hell they are talking about but I've been down this road.  I have it in writing (MyPers Contact, it works well) from several offices that you can't Palace Front with an outstanding GI Bill ADSC.  Data points are below, it's BS but this is what I was told, corroborated by multiple people at AFPC:

• Even though the document you signed to transfer benefits states that it is a "service commitment", AD Air Force "interprets" it as an ADSC.  Everyone else, including the VA sees it as an agreement of any kind of service (even part-time Guard) but mother AF says otherwise.  The worst part about this is that it's "a policy" for it to be an ADSC, no regulation specifically prescribes it.  
  • You may have been told (before signing; I was) that you could simply reverse the transfer of benefits and thus revert to the previous ADSC: this is false.  Unless you can get it in writing that you were miscounselled by an official, it is irrevocable even if the transferees haven't used any benefits.    

This info was given to me and confirmed with the PC and PF offices, the Transfer of Education Benefits Office (TEB), the AFPC Help Line, and (pretty sure, don't have it right here) the ADSC shop.  Reserve Personnel Center says to go ahead and Palace Front, my (lousy) in-service recruiter said same but the AD AF sees it otherwise.  That being said, if you are approved PC you can continue to serve out the VA "service commitment" for the transfer without re-starting, but they have to approve (rubber stamp) that.  If someone has a silver bullet please advise, I hope I'm wrong somehow.  That's what I've been told, some people along the way said otherwise (have that in writing too) but it's a case of clown-assed shoes not knowing their own regulations and policies.  Wasted a lot of time trying to teach them, no joy.

Side note and further background: I was told the PC approval process involves a periodic board of 5: they all review your case and vote, majority rules.  This likely explains why some packages are approved in weeks and others take months.  They advertise 6-8 weeks, but my latest correspondence says 3-12 weeks.  The PC office and others recommend keeping the memo away from personal sob stories and try to sell them on why the early release (STS) is good for the AD AF.  Examples might include no PCS cost, going to a Guard/Reserve training billet that helps AD, etc.  Be sure to include a hiring letter of intent from your gaining unit too.  

Edited by BetterIntheBuff

2 hours ago, BetterIntheBuff said:

There is a ton of confusion on PF/PF with the GI Bill, and no one knows what the hell they are talking about but I've been down this road.  I have it in writing (MyPers Contact, it works well) from several offices that you can't Palace Front with an outstanding GI Bill ADSC.  Data points are below, it's BS but this is what I was told, corroborated by multiple people at AFPC:

• Even though the document you signed to transfer benefits states that it is a "service commitment", AD Air Force "interprets" it as an ADSC.  Everyone else, including the VA sees it as an agreement of any kind of service (even part-time Guard) but mother AF says otherwise.  The worst part about this is that it's "a policy" for it to be an ADSC, no regulation specifically prescribes it.  
  • You may have been told (before signing; I was) that you could simply reverse the transfer of benefits and thus revert to the previous ADSC: this is false.  Unless you can get it in writing that you were miscounselled by an official, it is irrevocable even if the transferees haven't used any benefits.    

This info was given to me and confirmed with the PC and PF offices, the Transfer of Education Benefits Office (TEB), the AFPC Help Line, and (pretty sure, don't have it right here) the ADSC shop.  Reserve Personnel Center says to go ahead and Palace Front, my (lousy) in-service recruiter said same but the AD AF sees it otherwise.  That being said, if you are approved PC you can continue to serve out the VA "service commitment" for the transfer without re-starting, but they have to approve (rubber stamp) that.  If someone has a silver bullet please advise, I hope I'm wrong somehow.  That's what I've been told, some people along the way said otherwise (have that in writing too) but it's a case of clown-assed shoes not knowing their own regulations and policies.  Wasted a lot of time trying to teach them, no joy.

Side note and further background: I was told the PC approval process involves a periodic board of 5: they all review your case and vote, majority rules.  This likely explains why some packages are approved in weeks and others take months.  They advertise 6-8 weeks, but my latest correspondence says 3-12 weeks.  The PC office and others recommend keeping the memo away from personal sob stories and try to sell them on why the early release (STS) is good for the AD AF.  Examples might include no PCS cost, going to a Guard/Reserve training billet that helps AD, etc.  Be sure to include a hiring letter of intent from your gaining unit too.  

Thanks for all the data. 

For the MFR, I'm going to a TFI FTU so should be able to spin that to help out as long as I don't get fragged by GI Bill. 

On 3/24/2017 at 11:57 PM, * said:

Thanks for all the data. 

For the MFR, I'm going to a TFI FTU so should be able to spin that to help out as long as I don't get fragged by GI Bill. 

There's a pilot that got his PC approved into the unit youre talking about. I'll look tomorrow to find his name.

I'm looking at my options for being able to leave AD in a few years and go to the ANG. What I'd like to do is go to an A-10 unit, but I've never flown Hawgs. I am an IFF graduate (Air to Air track) but will not have flown fighters for many moons by the time I can cross over. Also, I'm a patch from U-28's and will be a Major when I can get out. Would I have a chance at getting picked up with those type quals or would I be too old to be the snacko? Being a Major, Patch, and MQ wingman is basically my dream.

I'm looking at my options for being able to leave AD in a few years and go to the ANG. What I'd like to do is go to an A-10 unit, but I've never flown Hawgs. I am an IFF graduate (Air to Air track) but will not have flown fighters for many moons by the time I can cross over. Also, I'm a patch from U-28's and will be a Major when I can get out. Would I have a chance at getting picked up with those type quals or would I be too old to be the snacko? Being a Major, Patch, and MQ wingman is basically my dream.

Where are you wanting to live?

2 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Go be the lucky one and get the IMA slot at the 81 FS teaching A-29s at Moody.

• 2 weeks later...