Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

As long as you are world wide deployable, you can press with PC, even if on an exemption on your PFT.

• 4 weeks later...

So if your ADSC date (PCS OCONUS 3 year) coincides with your DEROS, when can you apply for palace chase?  I heard you can only get out 6 months early from your ADSC/DEROS and will need to apply for PC 6 months prior to your proposed separation. Hard to believe you can't get out any earlier than 6 months just because your are OCONUS. True statement?

So if your ADSC date (PCS OCONUS 3 year) coincides with your DEROS, when can you apply for palace chase?  I heard you can only get out 6 months early from your ADSC/DEROS and will need to apply for PC 6 months prior to your proposed separation. Hard to believe you can't get out any earlier than 6 months just because your are OCONUS. True statement?

Not to mention it takes the better part of a month to out process an OCONUS base....

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone attempted to Palace Chase with a Tuition Assistance ADSC? I was "mentored" by the lovely box checkers of the Air Force to get a master's degree and now I'm left with an ADSC for the tuition assistance that extends 1 year beyond my initial. The AFI is vague but I may end up having to pay back the TA I used if they approve the app. Anybody been successful/unsuccessful in a similar situation?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys  haven't been on here in a while.  Wanted to pass some info and see if anyone has had any luck lately.

PC DENIED on 28 Jun 2016

Requested DOS: 1 Nov 2016 (18 months ADSC UPT remain) I also had some GI Bill transfer ADSC left, and a WIC ADSC (6months or so).

My package sat at SAF/PC right at 8 weeks.  

Recommend Disapproval from Sq & WG CC, as well as C-17 Functional

I had a position number (Reserves) with an MFR from gaining Reserve OG/CC included in the submission.

AFSC: 11M (C-17)

I plan on submitting again right at 120 days, this time requesting 11 months worth of ADSC.  Hopefully it gets approved this time.

I spoke with the C-17 Functional a week or 2 ago, and they recently change the "policy."  He now has permission to recommend approval as long as you meet the 2/3 requirement.  I guess that doesn't mean that he always will, but it is no longer only if you have less than 1 year remaining.  He did say that this was just his office, not SAF/PC.  I don't know if it is the same for all the other functionals.  Sounds like this stuff changes fairly regularly.

Also not confirmed but I get the impression a lot of people get denied once before they get approved.  Seems like the second time makes a difference, but that could just unrelated.  

Did your Sq/WG recommend approve or disapprove? That's good to hear about them easing the policy on auto-disapprove anything outside a year. My OG called AFPC about a month ago and they told him they aren't seeing much of anything get approved outside of 12 months parole.

1 hour ago, Duck said:

Did your Sq/WG recommend approve or disapprove? That's good to hear about them easing the policy on auto-disapprove anything outside a year. My OG called AFPC about a month ago and they told him they aren't seeing much of anything get approved outside of 12 months parole.

Disapprove from both.  

I don't get it. Only asking 18 months and they disapprove. Trying to plug the ships holes with their fingers so to speak.

16 hours ago, Duck said:

11B but no hire letter.

Ours was 11B and the reserve squadron on the same base already has him on their books.  He's been flying with them regularly on weekends because they aren't at full strength yet.

Edited by pawnman

Same. I know I am pissing off my leadership, but it just feels good knowing that at least I am showing Big Blue that my morale isn't "pretty darn good"

• 2 weeks later...

Great. Just shut the palace chase pipe off altogether. See how many people join the ARC/ANG when their 10 years are up. I'm sorry brother.

I was PC approved last week. I am an 11M C-130J guy that is at AETC right now. I was asking for exactly one year of ADSC (initial UPT 10 years commitment). I did have a reserve unit intent to hire which the functionals said really helps. Both Wg/CC & AFPC recommended approval based on the manning in J Model AC's and AETC.  My app took almost 2 months at AFPC but only 4 weeks at SAF/PC.

• 2 weeks later...
On September 5, 2016 at 3:17 PM, outlaw05 said:

I was PC approved last week. I am an 11M C-130J guy that is at AETC right now. I was asking for exactly one year of ADSC (initial UPT 10 years commitment). I did have a reserve unit intent to hire which the functionals said really helps. Both Wg/CC & AFPC recommended approval based on the manning in J Model AC's and AETC.  My app took almost 2 months at AFPC but only 4 weeks at SAF/PC.

Congrats my friend!  

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an 11F looking to palace chase with an intent to hire letter. Thinking about asking for 6 months off my commitment. Thoughts on the probability of that happening? I've got less than a year left on my commitment so I'm also wondering how long it will take to get an answer one way or another?

Your requested date of separation must be no sooner than 6 months from the date you enter it into CMS. That date is the day you actually click the apply button. I would back it off another month to get all your paperwork in order and give yourself some slop for folks to sign stuff. I would say 7 months from when you start the Paperwork till your Req DOS is a pretty standard timeline.