Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

T-6 guy here sorry CopyShot. I'm hearing rumors at Sheppard that possibly another round of voluntary cuts coming. Anyone else getting this?

Yeah but I heard that (shortage) at the same time they VSP and RIF'd last year...

I would think at the very least they need to do another expanded Palace Chase to hit the 55/45(?) mark for AD/ANG,RES that deaddebate posted a while back.

• 2 weeks later...

If you Palace Chase into an AETC Reserve unit and then find an ANG unit closer to your permanent residence, how hard/likely is it to transfer units, having Palace Chased?

• 3 weeks later...

If you Palace Chase into an AETC Reserve unit and then find an ANG unit closer to your permanent residence, how hard/likely is it to transfer units, having Palace Chased?

Chicken or the egg, will they retrain you?

• Upvote 1

Chicken or the egg, will they retrain you?

Not sure I am tracking but, it would just be a requal.

Anyone been told they have to sign the following MFR in order for Palace Chase app to meet the SAFPC board?

DD MMM YYYY

MEMORANDUM FOR ALL REVIEWING AUTHORITIES

SUBJECT: GI BILL TRANSFER WAIVER STATEMENT

I elect to forfeit my ability to transfer education benefits to my dependents and am only requesting a waiver to the remainder of the AFSC in order to PALACE CHASE. I fully understand that I will lose the future ability to transfer education benefits. None of the education benefits transferred to my dependents was ever used; I understand that the amount of any entitlements that may have been used will be treated as an overpayment and subject to collection by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA).

First M. Last

First M. Last, Rank, USAF

GI Bill benefits have been transferred but have not been used. There's been zero guidance on this from the PC office but our takeaway is that the transfer will be reversed and we will not be able to transfer again in the future.

I would think that if you still owe ADSC for VA TEB, this memo may apply to that ADSC. If you've completed your ADSC for VA TEB, this memo is NA.

Edit: to remove distracting buffoonery, and add link:

http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/post911_transfer.asp

Thanks nunya

Edited by Learjetter

Can't do it quite that early.

The option to transfer is open to any member of the armed forces active duty or Selected Reserve, officer or enlisted who is eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, and meets the following criteria:

• Has at least six years of service in the armed forces (active duty and/or Selected Reserve) on the date of approval and agrees to serve four additional years in the armed forces from the date of election.

I would think that if you still owe ADSC for VA TEB, this memo may apply to that ADSC. If you've completed your ADSC for VA TEB, this memo is NA.

Edit: to remove distracting buffoonery, and add link:

http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/post911_transfer.asp

Thanks nunya

Can't do it quite that early.

Seven years active duty so no, haven't completed the ADSC for TEB. My understanding - and what we've been told by numerous offices - is that the four year ADSC for TEB can be served AD or Reserve/Guard. So why yank our TEB?

• 2 weeks later...

I am still a few years out from being able to apply for palace chase. I am currently an active duty pilot and am very interested in the reserves and or the guard. Specifically units that are by my home town/my wife's.

I was told by family friends that the best thing I could do is go back as an instructor for 38's and transition from there. I was also told to talk to the units early as I can (years in advance). Anyone have any success with a bomber to fighter jump?

What is the best way to start getting in touch with units?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Seven years active duty so no, haven't completed the ADSC for TEB. My understanding - and what we've been told by numerous offices - is that the four year ADSC for TEB can be served AD or Reserve/Guard. So why yank our TEB?

Looks like they're saying that if you to palace chase, they'll waive your other ADSCs but will not waive the ADSC for TEB, they're reversing the transfer. Seems odd but that may be the case. You can indeed serve the TEB ADSC in the ARC, I'm doing it in the guard now. Difference being I waited to initiate the transfer until my first drill at my unit. Good luck!

Similar situation to MrsNAV

I'm considering a PC app within the not too distant future (two years?) but have a 3 year ADSC for a TEB. The benefits have not been used. Would it make more sense to apply with the ADSC or try to cancel the TEB/ADSC and then submit a PC app?

Similar situation to MrsNAV

I'm considering a PC app within the not too distant future (two years?) but have a 3 year ADSC for a TEB. The benefits have not been used. Would it make more sense to apply with the ADSC or try to cancel the TEB/ADSC and then submit a PC app?

My understanding is you took the ADSC when you transferred. It's not reversible. i.e you don't get to reverse it and make the ADSC go away. It doesn't work like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fellas,

I did some research on the TEB issue with Palace Chase and this is what a very helpful NCOIC at TFSC was able to dig up for me.

Check out AFI 36-2649:

A13.18.8.6. A member who separates or is released from Armed Forces prior to completion of an agreed upon additional service commitment will have their transfer of benefits revoked by the DVA. Benefits already used by a dependent will be recouped by the DVA. However:

A13.18.8.6.1. If the Airman was a member of the active component, the Airman may join a Selected Reserve unit (i.e., Palace Chase or Palace Front) and regain the authority to transfer benefits if the Airman agrees to serve at least the remaining length of time which was not served under the original agreement.

Hope this helps

Clear cut to me. You don't give up the TEB as long as you serve your time in the Guard/Reserves. Thanks for the help man. My app is at my functional right now. Hoping for a clean cut.

Clear cut to me. You don't give up the TEB as long as you serve your time in the Guard/Reserves. Thanks for the help man. My app is at my functional right now. Hoping for a clean cut.

Good luck, my functional said no despite the fact I'm overmanned according to AFPC...then SAF/PC also said no. I had a yes from Sq & Wg. Not that any of it matters since it's all what the Pentagon says.

Has anyone else noticed having a sad story seem to help getting out? The people I know who got out with extended ADSCs seem to have pretty valid reasons for an early Palace Chase.

Thanks- 2 years from date of separation request or two years from now?

Just curious because thats about where I am now. It will be under at date of separation though. I do have an intent to hire attached.

2yrs from requested date of separation.

Duck - I had the letter and a line number from the unit that hired me.