Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

• 2 weeks later...

FF,

I had my ADO call AFPC after I sent about 4 emails. He said my application had gotten lost in the pile of ~400 palace chase packages. That might help to call his direct line or drop the AFPC PC super a line.

And yes, my Application just now made it to the functional after 4 months of bouncing around the system.

Unfortunately for me when I called AFPC to check on my application after they'd had it for two months, and I told the guy I was deployed, he cancelled my applictation. Not denied/approved, but just closed it. He said it's because I'm deployed and they can't touch me and to re-apply when I get back stateside. When I pointed out that the reg says exception for aircrew underneath the caveat that you can't be deployed and apply or can't be deployed while you have an application pending, he just told me that there's a draft IC in the works that clarifies it to TDY for 30 days or less for aircrew. Standing by for words from the IG because generally, we don't follow draft guidance...

Happy Holidays to me!

Update: after a conversation with the IG, and some calls made by them and my MPS to AFPC, AFPC has begrudginly agreed to process my application while I'm deployed. They recommend that I re-apply as they thought it would look fishy if they re-opened my closed application (no sh!t-it was fishy when you guys refused to process it, not in accordance with YOUR regs). So since I'm deployed until May, I have to wait until 180 days from my requested separation date before I can re-apply.

For those of you getting close to a deployment, I would apply for PC now and hope your leadership doesn't send you while it's pending, because as I'm learning, they're not going to send you home from deployment so you can separate. The crappy thing is, the reg still says you can get sent TDY/deployed while it's pending, so...

Also, for the guys (aircrew) currently deployed looking to submit an application, if you're getting any pushback, I recommend going to the IG. AFPC isn't following their own regs and the IG is probably the only way you can get them to do their job. AFPC basically told my MPS that they didn't want to set a precedent by "deigning" to process my application while I'm deployed.

side note: If I followed my regs like AFPC, I wouldn't have wings anymore.

• Upvote 3

NotADude, looks like you forced their hand. Received in the email box this morning (emphasis added):

SUBJECT: Palace Chase Policy Update

1. A rewrite of AFI 36-3205, Palace Chase and Palace Front programs, is currently under final review prior to publishing. In the interim, this message announces policy changes in accordance to AFI 36-3205, dated 12 Nov 2009. Effective immediately this message announces modification/clarification to several sections within Chapter 1.

2. The following paragraphs of AFI 36-3205 are amended/clarified as follows:

Para 1.3.1. Enlisted and Officers must request a separation date between 120 - 180 days from application date. Overseas members must request a separation date 180 days from application date.

Para 1.3.8. All applicants must provide the following forms; AF Form 2631, PALACE CHASE Statement of Understanding/Contract, AF Form 1288, Application for Ready Reserve Assignment, copy of Data Verification Brief from vMPF, Screenshots of PHA/Dental (IMR) data from AF Portal and a Screenshot of AFFMS data from AF Portal. Officers must also submit a personal memorandum explaining the reason for applying for early release.

Table 1.1. Header inserted to read "An applicant must not:" between rules 10 and 11.

Para 1.4.13. Ensure the applicant is not in a TDY or projected TDY status longer than 30 days during the application process. This includes all PME and advanced courses, but is not limited to PME. If currently scheduled/notified for a contingency deployment or in a deployed status (31 days or longer), member may not apply until they return to home station. The notification can be in the form of Duty status update, notified verbally or in writing.

Table 1.1, Rule 27: (An applicant must not) Be in a TDY or projected TDY status longer than 30 days. Be scheduled/notified (verbally or written) for a contingency deployment or in a deployed status for 31 days or longer. (reference Para 1.4.13)

3. For more information, contact your local Military Personnel Section Relocations office or base In-Service Recruiter, Air National Guard or Air Force Reserve.

With the release of the new FY14 FM measures, how much do you guys think this will impact the success rates for PC applications? I have been hired by a Reserve unit and am counting down the seconds to leave active duty BUT don't want to the jump the gun as I am counting on a PC approval. My plan was a separation date late summer 14 which would put me inside of one year for my longest ADSC (AFT for new aircraft). With the new FM measures, maybe a much quicker PC would be possible? Thoughts? Any latest approvals/ disapprovals?

I have no idea. My one concern after talking to the IG who told me AFPC would process my application while deployed (when I apply again in March because I wont' be able to separate earlier than my return date), was "what if they change their regs in the meantime?" Welp, looks like that's happened. I honestly don't believe for a second that come March, they'll remember and keep their word. The good news for me, is maybe I'll be eligible for VSP, expanded PC, or a LADSC waiver. I've been trying since the last VSP to do help the AF out and separate early, but they keep denying me!

I think we'll have to wait for more info to become available, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they told pilots they were eligible for VSP, only to deny every single one of them.

Vprdrvr, have you already applied for PC or were you waiting for 180 days out? You might be eligible for expanded PC...

Vprdrvr, have you already applied for PC or were you waiting for 180 days out? You might be eligible for expanded PC...

I am waiting for the 180 out right now. My gut tells me that if my longest ADSC is less than a year from my DOS, my chances are pretty decent (in light of the new FM measures, maybe my chances got even better). I saw on the myPers webpage that 11X are ineligible for the expanded PC option, go figure.

Contrary to popular belief, 11X's WERE (maybe still are) eligible for the FY14 PC program. When I recently spoke with the in-service recruiter, she said that the program changed last summer and that 11X's were eligible after they changed the rules half way through implementation (sound familiar). That specific program buys you a 1:1 instead of the standard 1:3 service commitments. That FY14 program does specify that the GI bill transfer will not be waived/ PC'd so I am fine taking the 1:3 with a standard PC.

My question alluded to the fact that if Big Blue is on another frenzy to right-size the force, maybe pushing my PC app in immediately is the thing to do. I'm waiting for more words on these new FM measures before I decide. I am ready to apply but would rather wait a month or two longer than have to deal with a rejection and reapplication of PC. I'm basing most of my decisions based on trends that I have seen first hand or read here on BODN.

I am ready to apply but would rather wait a month or two longer than have to deal with a rejection and reapplication of PC. I'm basing most of my decisions based on trends that I have seen first hand or read here on BODN.

FYI, after talking with my ISR, AFPC is 'swamped' with PC applications due to the Govt shutdown back in October. I would suggest to go ahead and throw the cards on the table because the 6-8 week turn time is not a reality, although clearly defined in the reg. Coupled with the FM14 options, AFPC's current situation of being backlogged will only get worse IMHO.

just to give you a timeline: my PC app arrived at AFPC on 23 September, and I still do not have an official result from SAF/PC...

my .02

FF

C-130 H Nav....

Regrettably, your PALACE CHASE application was disapproved by SAF/PC for the best interest of the Air Force.

Gotta love it

I had 3 years left.

This is my surprised face. Not trying to be a dick, but did you really think you would get released 3 years early? In recent times I haven't seen a single Herk pilot or nav get PC approval outside of year remaining. Even saw a nav who tried to PC TWICE get denied both times, only to get paid to leave during the 2011 VSP because she had less than 6 months on her ADSC. This is someone who was planning and actively trying to get out of the Air Force. Totally expect more of the same in the next couple of months (assuming rated are eligible for the force shaping programs).

MountainHerc, how long of a commitment did you have left? Either way, seems stupid since they're phasing out legacy herks on AD!

Well hell then, let's let all the Legacy pilots PC with half their commitment remaining. Yes, they are phasing out the Legacy, but it isn't going to happen overnight.

Well hell then, let's let all the Legacy pilots PC with half their commitment remaining. Yes, they are phasing out the Legacy, but it isn't going to happen overnight.

That sounds like a fantastic idea. Also, three years would not be half of your remaining committment as a pilot

I must have misunderstood you then. In any case, I wasn't trying to be a d---. I understand your point, but it always seems AFPC/AF is sending out mixed signals.