Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Anybody have any info on the length of service commitment recently being waived for PALACE CHASE? I'm 11M with a little under 4 years remaining on UPT ADSC, living the dream at a TFI unit.

I've heard of over two years waived if you're passed over for major. Less than that if you're not.

• Upvote 1

I got waived with 1 year at my tfi unit. My friend got exactly 2 years waived. I had afpc functional approval recommendation only. My friend had had sq and wg cc only recommending approval. Obviously what anyone other than the saf pc board thinks is irrelevant.

Our local ang wing commander "heard" if you apply, it will be approved. With four years, it's a pretty big risk if your commander isn't friendly toward it, but it might just be worth it to get out now and beat the stop loss.

Back to the old question about tamp. I've called everyone under the sun trying to confirm what I know is true from this board, that palace chase gets it. Everyone out there at mpf, total force disservice center, etc says no because the separation code of FGQ is ineligible.

From what I read on here FGQ is correct for palace chase right? And everyone says they got it but nobody could help them out. Did everyone have FGQ on their orders? Just to confirm, everyone who palace chased and got it was not the old force shaping program of 07 and is not confusing it with tricare reserve select?

I'm out in 10 days and need to get this straight before my wife flies cross country to do tough murder uninsured conveniently a week after I get out.

Sadly I trust the information on here exponentially more than what I get from mpf.

Everyone told me I wasn't going to get it either, I did. My sep code was for VSP, on the first day of freedom I went to the MPF to get my new ID card and they printed me a TAMP card and told me I was eligible. My wife used it and it worked great.

My Seperation Code was FGQ...I was also told I don't get TAMP from MPF and the base TRICARE office....when I went to get my Reserve CAC on day one, I got my TAMP card as well (it looks like the dependent ID Card) and the expiration date was 180 days after my day 1 in the Reserves.

Cheers,

Cap-10

• 3 weeks later...

I got waived with 1 year at my tfi unit. My friend got exactly 2 years waived. I had afpc functional approval recommendation only. My friend had had sq and wg cc only recommending approval. Obviously what anyone other than the saf pc board thinks is irrelevant.

Our local ang wing commander "heard" if you apply, it will be approved. With four years, it's a pretty big risk if your commander isn't friendly toward it, but it might just be worth it to get out now and beat the stop loss.

Thanks for the info, I'll be waiting until after my maj's board next year to 'press to test' just in case. Our AD leadership (at least at the sq) is cool, but I imagine a denied PC package with that much time still on the clock might get me a ticket to somewhere sunny...tan flight suit required.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no expert on oconus assignments, but if you are currently overseas with pcs orders that rule doesn't apply. Also there is no time on station requirement to apply so theoretically you can show up and submit it when you sign in to your new base. I did. Nobody treated me differently, but I was very lucky in who the leadership was at the time.

So maybe the not having an assignment is waiverable as well if the 2 yrs TOS requirement mentioned in previous posts doesn't seem to matter at all? The 36-3205 is not the clearest reg to read and there isn't a bunch of info just lying around about PC. Anyone have a good contact to the AFPC office outside of what's listed on vMPF?

Back to the old question about tamp. I've called everyone under the sun trying to confirm what I know is true from this board, that palace chase gets it. Everyone out there at mpf, total force disservice center, etc says no because the separation code of FGQ is ineligible.

From what I read on here FGQ is correct for palace chase right? And everyone says they got it but nobody could help them out. Did everyone have FGQ on their orders? Just to confirm, everyone who palace chased and got it was not the old force shaping program of 07 and is not confusing it with tricare reserve select?

I'm out in 10 days and need to get this straight before my wife flies cross country to do tough murder uninsured conveniently a week after I get out.

Sadly I trust the information on here exponentially more than what I get from mpf.

Post it, did you get it?

• 2 weeks later...

So I am in an interesting situation. I'll start off by saying that I have NO unfavorable information (Article 15s, DUIs, etc). I spent the better part of two years in training, I show up to my squadron and two/three weeks later they are telling me I need a PRF for my Captain board. All I have for this are two training reports. Yesterday I find out that I got passed over for Captain. No one knows how it happened, and the commander and DO said they are going to try and fight it, but continued to say that being above the zone, it still would be tough for me to make it.

I read the palace chase regs and it says I have to serve at least 2/3 of my ADSC (As I understand it) to be eligible. Is this true for passed over LTs? No one I know seems to know the answer to this and I feel like no one knows what to do with me since this has never happened to anyone.

So I am in an interesting situation. I'll start off by saying that I have NO unfavorable information (Article 15s, DUIs, etc). I spent the better part of two years in training, I show up to my squadron and two/three weeks later they are telling me I need a PRF for my Captain board. All I have for this are two training reports. Yesterday I find out that I got passed over for Captain. No one knows how it happened, and the commander and DO said they are going to try and fight it, but continued to say that being above the zone, it still would be tough for me to make it.

I read the palace chase regs and it says I have to serve at least 2/3 of my ADSC (As I understand it) to be eligible. Is this true for passed over LTs? No one I know seems to know the answer to this and I feel like no one knows what to do with me since this has never happened to anyone.

Wow. You're the first UPT grad I've heard of that has gotten passed over for Captain. What a joke.

I can't believe this is going on, I just got another e-mail saying next year I have a 47% chance of promoting above the zone..... Anyone know if anybody is looking for a herck co-pilot?

Edited by ziploc158