Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

I applied for regular PC today. Spoke to TFSC to make sure it was sent to the right Wg/CC and they mentioned they had 600 apps at the AFPC/PC office. They also had no update on when the Farce Management programs would get rolling again. I'm requesting a waiver of 23 months of UPT commitment and about a year off of GI Bill/IP school ADSCs.

• Upvote 1

I applied for regular PC today. Spoke to TFSC to make sure it was sent to the right Wg/CC and they mentioned they had 600 apps at the AFPC/PC office. They also had no update on when the Farce Management programs would get rolling again. I'm requesting a waiver of 23 months of UPT commitment and about a year off of GI Bill/IP school ADSCs.

Supposedly next week according to the af.mil article released today. If you'll buy that I've got oceanfront property here in clovis for sale.

'04 11M PC approved today! I put my app in early-to-mid Feb, and it only took a couple phone calls to keep it moving at surprisingly good pace. I had about 18 months left on my UPT commitment & the same for my GI bill transfer. Sq/CC & Wg/CC both approved, functional disapproved, but all that matters is the SAF/PC office approved. Here's to hoping this wave of approvals keeps going!

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone applying for traditional PC called to check processing times recently? I called last week to check my app after seeing HickPilot's quick turn time and the SUPER motivated lady at the TFSC said they'd been briefed to expect 10-20 WEEKS from arrival at AFPC. That's obviously an incomprehensible delay that would eat into most applicants' terminal leave. Hickpilot, do you have a number for someone at AFPC?

Has anyone applying for traditional PC called to check processing times recently? I called last week to check my app after seeing HickPilot's quick turn time and the SUPER motivated lady at the TFSC said they'd been briefed to expect 10-20 WEEKS from arrival at AFPC. That's obviously an incomprehensible delay that would eat into most applicants' terminal leave. Hickpilot, do you have a number for someone at AFPC?

10-20 weeks sounds like complete BS, and I would expect nothing less from good 'ole AFPC! My app went in about a week before yours and arrived at AFPC on 11 Mar. I called last Friday but got no info and a transfer to an answering machine at the PC office. No return call- I'm shocked. If I hear any words to confirm what you heard I will post them. If it really takes that long, my transition will be a nightmare and I might miss my training class with the Reserves. I'm tempted to just cnx the PC and submit a VSP CONSIDERING THIS WEEK I appear to be eligible. Clownshow.

Bama, 10-20 weeks to roll through the cubicles at AFPC is unsat, man. What does your PC app show for a status in CMS? If it has processed your functional, it should process to SAF/PC fairly quickly.

Vprdrvr, I never got a phone call returned either. When I did finally break through to a live human being at the PC office, I was told there is 1 guy that handles all officer apps (since by percentage there are way fewer O apps than E apps). But of the 3 guys I know who got approved in March, they all averaged about 1.5-2 months to process the system from submission date. Where does your app show at in CMS?

Bama, 10-20 weeks to roll through the cubicles at AFPC is unsat, man. What does your PC app show for a status in CMS? If it has processed your functional, it should process to SAF/PC fairly quickly.

Vprdrvr, I never got a phone call returned either. When I did finally break through to a live human being at the PC office, I was told there is 1 guy that handles all officer apps (since by percentage there are way fewer O apps than E apps). But of the 3 guys I know who got approved in March, they all averaged about 1.5-2 months to process the system from submission date. Where does your app show at in CMS?

I didn't expect a return call or a live person at AFPC. My expectations with AFPC are very low and they are yet to exceed them. Hopefully the PC apps keep moving along as quickly as they did in March- I expect the VSP and TERA apps to bog down the cubicles next door but I would think the one PC guy would just keep doing his own thing?

My PC app flew through the Sq and Wg and arrived at AFPC on 11 March (with recommends from Sq/Wg). The status since then has shown "AFPC PC office (DPSOR)." I am guessing this means sitting on a desk untouched for the last four weeks? Thought? When does does it go to the AFSOC functional? Once this status changes, how fast should I expect it to move?

where is everyone getting hired that recently got PC approval (and can you state how much of your ADSC was waived)? just curious what they are waiving ADSCs for because they say 135 and 130 reserve units are significantly undermanned so curious if guys are getting hired into those units or different airframes. thanks and congrats on making the escape

I'm at Referred to AFPC Palace Chase Separations (DPSOR) in CMS. I'm not sure if it's made it through the functional yet. The TFSC said that routing was internal, so not sure if I'd be able to see it. My app went to the wrong inbox at the wing and sat for 18 days, so I've got that going for me.

• Upvote 1

The guys over at Airwarriors don't tell people not to go AD or have threads on how much they hate life. They actually encourage people to fly Navy and mention how they are happier than their AF bros.

I didn't expect a return call or a live person at AFPC. My expectations with AFPC are very low and they are yet to exceed them. Hopefully the PC apps keep moving along as quickly as they did in March- I expect the VSP and TERA apps to bog down the cubicles next door but I would think the one PC guy would just keep doing his own thing?

My PC app flew through the Sq and Wg and arrived at AFPC on 11 March (with recommends from Sq/Wg). The status since then has shown "AFPC PC office (DPSOR)." I am guessing this means sitting on a desk untouched for the last four weeks? Thought? When does does it go to the AFSOC functional? Once this status changes, how fast should I expect it to move?

Vprdrvr,

I hope the VSP/TERA debacle is not chaffing the PC office, but that 1 guy in charge of officer PC apps was juggling 70+ apps when mine hit his inbox. So, I understand that it slows down a bit at AFPC. Mine took 3 weeks from the time it got to AFPC to be approved, which is why I have no clue why yours is still at DPSOR after 4 weeks. The routing at AFPC is usually something like DPSOR (PC Office) -> DPAO (Officer Assignments) -> DPAOM (Your specific functional) -> back to DPSOR -> then finally to the SECAF's PC office.

I'm at Referred to AFPC Palace Chase Separations (DPSOR) in CMS. I'm not sure if it's made it through the functional yet. The TFSC said that routing was internal, so not sure if I'd be able to see it. My app went to the wrong inbox at the wing and sat for 18 days, so I've got that going for me.

Bama,

See above for the standard routing. Find someone in your squadron with full CMS rights (exec, personnelist, admin type), and you should be able to see all the notes on your case. Since a PC app goes through DPSOR twice, it's impossible to tell if yours has hit your functional yet unless you can view your full case in CMS. FWIW, my app was recommended for disapproval by my functional, but it still went through. So, don't stress about that guy's recommendation.

where is everyone getting hired that recently got PC approval (and can you state how much of your ADSC was waived)? just curious what they are waiving ADSCs for because they say 135 and 130 reserve units are significantly undermanned so curious if guys are getting hired into those units or different airframes. thanks and congrats on making the escape

I'm staying in my airframe and transitioning to a Reserve C-17 unit in 114 days... but who's counting, right?

Vprdrvr,

I hope the VSP/TERA debacle is not chaffing the PC office, but that 1 guy in charge of officer PC apps was juggling 70+ apps when mine hit his inbox. So, I understand that it slows down a bit at AFPC. Mine took 3 weeks from the time it got to AFPC to be approved, which is why I have no clue why yours is still at DPSOR after 4 weeks. The routing at AFPC is usually something like DPSOR (PC Office) -> DPAO (Officer Assignments) -> DPAOM (Your specific functional) -> back to DPSOR -> then finally to the SECAF's ?

Thanks for the info on how the process should go. Did you see those statuses change in CMS or did those movements happen internally? I'll try calling again tomorrow and see if get any answers. I appreciate the help.

FWIW i was tracking my buddies PC process just recently to see how fast, or slow, it went. he said from the day he submitted it was 7 weeks to approval which was last week, 11M and cut 4-6 months off his ADSC

Bama, where you headed?

Edited by chizz

10-20 weeks sounds like complete BS, and I would expect nothing less from good 'ole AFPC! My app went in about a week before yours and arrived at AFPC on 11 Mar. I called last Friday but got no info and a transfer to an answering machine at the PC office. No return call- I'm shocked. If I hear any words to confirm what you heard I will post them. If it really takes that long, my transition will be a nightmare and I might miss my training class with the Reserves. I'm tempted to just cnx the PC and submit a VSP CONSIDERING THIS WEEK I appear to be eligible. Clownshow.

That's what I finally ended up doing last week. It was taking forever to get the paperwork together to even apply for PC, so I figured I could apply for VSP after just a short phone call with my boss. I applied last Friday and now it's with the WG/CC. The funny news, is that all of a sudden I appear to be "excess to base requirements," whereas just a few short months ago, I was too valuable to approve for Palace Chase.

My CC had mentioned withdrawing the PC app and applying for VSP, but I'm going to pass considering how poorly this thing has been managed. With the changing criteria, unexplained delays, and no justification for denials it's hard to have faith in the process. I'd rather walk away from the alleged cash than miss the boat and get hit with a 365.

That's what I finally ended up doing last week. It was taking forever to get the paperwork together to even apply for PC, so I figured I could apply for VSP after just a short phone call with my boss. I applied last Friday and now it's with the WG/CC. The funny news, is that all of a sudden I appear to be "excess to base requirements," whereas just a few short months ago, I was too valuable to approve for Palace Chase.

If I didn't have the PC in the system, I would definitely drop the VSP. I think 04 dudes might luck out, considering most of us thought we were ineligible right off the bat due to being new Majors. As for manning requirements, all I can do is laugh. I tried desperately to get released from AFSOC over the past few years but was told how much I was needed. Somehow when my PC app hits the Wg/cc desk manning is fine and he recommends approval! If he would have released me from AFSOC any time in the past I likely would have stayed in. Who's driving the clown car?

My CC had mentioned withdrawing the PC app and applying for VSP, but I'm going to pass considering how poorly this thing has been managed. With the changing criteria, unexplained delays, and no justification for denials it's hard to have faith in the process. I'd rather walk away from the alleged cash than miss the boat and get hit with a 365.

Truth! We're already in and waiting. As tempting as it is to switch to a VSP, I feel pretty good about the PC approval odds. I don't even care about the money right now- I just want parole! That parole, like you said, allows you to avoid a 365. Why are we still doing these?

Just talked with a Mypers rep. She said that they are running about 1.5 months behind on PC apps due to the FY 14 PC program. She said new apps arriving now should expect 10-20 weeks for approval (as mentioned in this thread). She also said that my status would not change from "referred to AFPC PC (DPSOR) until it is approved or denied. Frankly, I trust the gouge I get off of BODN more than what AFPC tells me so time will tell.

I also asked the question regarding DOS, "if I apply as far out as I can, 180 days, and it takes you 20 weeks to approve the app once it arrives at AFPC, I could get approval inside of 30 days to separate. Doesn't that seem wrong to give someone no time to outprocess or prepare for a monumental life change?" The response was " that's how it is." What a fukking train wreck AFPC is. Sad as he'll that this is part of the US military. Can you imagine how laughable it is when someone from AFPC gets confronted by a stranger and thanked for their military service? Give me a break.