Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Weird but good news,

I applied for palace chase in July 13 and just got my reply from SAF/PC. Background: 11F3H trying to palace chase 3 months PCS ADSC and 13 months post 9/11 TIB ADSC. My requested date of separation (Jan 14) was denied "with a contingency." The "contingency" per the memo was that if I agreed via email to rolex the date three months to Apr 14 it would be approved. The SMSgt from AFPC who was delivering the news said he hadn't seen a PC denial with a contingency before. I talked with my future reserve commander because it seemed fishy (maybe I'm just paranoid) and he recommended to get while the gettin's good. A few emails later I got my golden ticket. Anyone seen the "Palace Chase denied but kinda approved" act before?

Chappy

For someone going from AD to the guard and doing a qual/requal program...how much time is needed to complete the inprocessing, etc before going off to the schoolhouse? A week? Month? It depends?

I think the time is dependent upon how long it takes for your AOs to get generated. I've known people that it took a couple months and on the flip side I know a guy that took a year and half because his losing AD base screwed up the process.

For someone going from AD to the guard and doing a qual/requal program...how much time is needed to complete the inprocessing, etc before going off to the schoolhouse? A week? Month? It depends?

For me, it took 2 weeks from my final out until I showed up in the AFRC system to be official gained...started PIT about 2 weeks later.

Cap-10

I think the time is dependent upon how long it takes for your AOs to get generated. I've known people that it took a couple months and on the flip side I know a guy that took a year and half because his losing AD base screwed up the process.

I've heard about getting the ARC commission...but had not heard about AOs being a sticking point. It it a AD HARM to ARC-HARM issue...or just the way business is done?

Mine took about 2 weeks, when you out process the HARM shop, don't let them close you out. Hve them forward your flight records to the gaining unit. A little AF Portal work and you can figure out the code, give it to the HARMs, and things will go better.

I'm talking AOs here.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the standard timeline (not the book answer, the personal experience answer) from submission and signing by SQ/CC to the final approval by "SECAF"? I've been told by some it can take up to a year. Is this people sending BS to cover for almost 60 days of nothing?

Herc,

No BS---my first application back in April took exactly 7 weeks from Wg/CC signature to disapproval. My 2nd app has been at DPSOR for more than 2 weeks now, previous app 1 week. Due to the 'shutdown' common sense says it will take longer to process applications...just my .02! Cheers and GL

Herc,

My app from submitting on virtual to separation orders took around 3 months with a few calls up to AFPC from my leadership. I was told that only two people are processing PC applications for the entire AF so they are pretty backed up. Expect to wait exactly the amount of time allowed by the regulation.

Herc,

From clicking submit on vMPF to getting the SECAF approval email was 9 weeks for me. I made weekly calls to AFPC to "move it along." The status on the vMPF, when you view your application, doesn't necessarily reflect how the paperwork is progressing. Mine stated, "Referred to Palace Chase OPR" the entire time until it closed out on 30 Sept.

Chappy,

Thanks for the update on the timeline. After it sitting on the WG/CC's desk for 65 days I finally got movement yesterday. Took a call to some people in strategic places, but it got a fire lit under someone. I'm guessing I'll learn my fate around Christmas time. So much for my original DOS of 8 Nov!

Chappy,

Thanks for the update on the timeline. After it sitting on the WG/CC's desk for 65 days I finally got movement yesterday. Took a call to some people in strategic places, but it got a fire lit under someone. I'm guessing I'll learn my fate around Christmas time. So much for my original DOS of 8 Nov!

Goodluck

Weird but good news,

I applied for palace chase in July 13 and just got my reply from SAF/PC. Background: 11F3H trying to palace chase 3 months PCS ADSC and 13 months post 9/11 TIB ADSC. My requested date of separation (Jan 14) was denied "with a contingency." The "contingency" per the memo was that if I agreed via email to rolex the date three months to Apr 14 it would be approved. The SMSgt from AFPC who was delivering the news said he hadn't seen a PC denial with a contingency before. I talked with my future reserve commander because it seemed fishy (maybe I'm just paranoid) and he recommended to get while the gettin's good. A few emails later I got my golden ticket. Anyone seen the "Palace Chase denied but kinda approved" act before?

Chappy

I just heard of this same thing with someone else. He got a call saying denied, but...they ended up moving his date back 6 months to get rid of TA ADSC and right at 1.5 years left on UPT ADSC. (I'm not sure if the ADSCs are why they moved them back, I just know those are the ones he had). I'm hoping this is good news for me as I should have a decision in the next 5 weeks, and my separation date has me right at 1.5 yrs UPT (but 2.5 GI Bill transfer...)

Duck,

Rated guys don't qualify for the force shaping programs (2 to 1 or 1 to 1) so 3 to 1 is the standard.

Don't sweat the 3 to 1 business. Nobody's keeping track of that ch$t...besides, most everybody goes to 20 good years. It's a no-brainer for a TR with airline aspirations. If it gets too painful there's always a better location you can roll over to in order to make the min run palatable. Best part-time job in the world, if money's not an object.

Read the reg, don't listen to CCs who guess or assume, apply.

Should be standard ops for any special program you apply for.

Good CCs will at least steer you in the right direction & give you a big picture look at the choices you have. Bad ones will show you how it's a mistake because it differs from their career track.

• 3 weeks later...