Dollar Ride Ideas

Ram

My dollar ride is on Wednesday (17 Dec), and I'm looking for cool things to do with my dollar.

Any ideas or suggestions? Does it HAVE to incorporate naked women? I'm looking for my dollar to be pretty 'special' to get a laugh or two and to have some fun.

Post what YOUR dollar had on it...this should get interesting... I'll award points for creativity.

Thanks in advance!

I went pretty conservative, being that it's AETC and a "one mistake air force" and all. Being a guardsman, I put KC-135's all over it, the old man in the mountain (state symbol) over G.W., I put the ANG patch on one side and my home squadron patch on the other and put NKAWTG over the "One Dollar" at the bottom.

I've seen people put their IP's MWS platform on there, their dream MWS platform on there, we had one guy tape his dollar to a bottle of Jagermeister for his IP. I saw another one that had a little die-cast F-16 jammed through it.

As for the naked woman, I've seen 'em out there, usually taped to the back. Your call.

I would wait until you find out what IP you will be flying with, and then ask him before you make it. My tweet IP was game for a "full-up" dollar, but my 38 IP wanted something clean so he could show it to his kids. Plus, what if you got a female IP and had naked women plastered on the back?

Thanks for all the ideas.

I'm not sure about the boobies and snatch stuff...our flight commander is a female, so I don't know how that would go over.

The foriegn IPs, though...they just about DEMAND T&A on their dollars. I think I'll just make 2 of 'em and whip out (STS) the appropriate one.

Thanks again.

BTW...being baby class sucks. Just wanted to throw that one out there. :D

Guest Vykiing

Our T-1 IPs wanted dollars from all of us in my class at Columbus, but it's not as big a deal as your initial Tweet dollar ride.

Okay, guys, I think that there needs some clarification on this issue of the Dollar Ride.

The idea behind the tradition of giving your instructor a dollar is that you're supposed to be paying your IP for his chauffeur services during the flight. That only happens on your first Tweet/T-6 ride where there is exactly *nothing* that a student is graded on -- the overall grade for the sortie must, by the syllabus, be "NG".

On every other first flight in every other aircraft (at least in my experiences in the T-38, F-15E, and T-38C), the gradesheet requires some kind of performance and some kind of grading (again, this may be different in the T-ONE). Hence, the student is working for a living, and not just letting the IP give him a ride. No dollar to be paid...the student is earning his own way. That being said, in T-38s I made a $ for the guy I flew my first White Rocket Flight with -- TORO! I don't think everyone did that, though, and it certainly wasn't as big of a deal as it was it Tweets.

So, the only real dollar ride -- regardless of what people call it -- is your first ride in SUPT, and not simply the first flight in any aircraft type.

[ 16 December 2003, 05:02: Message edited by: Hacker ]

I got a dollar from every student whose first 38 ride I gave, and I've still got all them. Most students finished them within a few days after the ride, but some slackers required threats from IPs - I remember one in IP in particular who threatened not to send a guy to his navigation check (the last check in the program) if the guy didn't provide a dollar from the ride five months earlier. The next day the IP had a dollar with the students name chicken-scratched onto the back side with a crayon.

As to what to put on there, it all depends on your IP. I've gotten dollars with T&A - always good, but it means they have to be hidden, or it needs to go 'offensive' side down under the glass of your IPs desk. I've had dollars cut into the shapes of 38s, dollars with pictures of 38s and/or desired aircraft, and of course dollars with boobies (one strange kid gave me a dollar with hermaprodite weight lifters on the back). I think the most creative was a centerfold that was carefully folded up and taped inside two single dollar bills. It looked like a normal dollar, then the whole thing unfolded to reveal a good amount of flesh.

The one thing that most have in common is your name, your IPs name, your class number, and the date of your flight.

I too received (and still have) a dollar from the dudes that I drove around during their first ride in the T-38, and like Toro said, some slackers needed to be pummelled with their own limb. My favorite scare tactic was telling the student I would fly the next 3 rides with him and he would bust each flight until I got my dollar. One guy thought I was kidding until he busted the first ride. I recieved my dollar promptly the next morning during the brief for his 2nd ride. (For those not familiar with UPT, 3 busts in a row automatically send the student on to a Progress Check, or an Elimination Check if the student has already done a Prog Check).

My most unique dollar was one (not actually sure how many it took) folded oragami style into an F-16 (I guess the Eagle was too tough). He took a picture of a viper sitting on the ramp, reduced in size to match his oragami viper, and glued them on (He also glued T+A onto the back, of course). Took a lot of time to make I am sure, and it was very much appreciated. I still keep in contact with that student to this day a matter of fact.

[ 17 December 2003, 23:16: Message edited by: Hoser ]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Metalhead

I've given out 6 "dollar rides" in the T-1, but thusfar have recieved only 2 bucks. 2 of the dudes have graduated (while I was TDY naturally) and 2 are still in the program. To those two 'pilots' -- I'm calling you out -- Aldridge and Medlicott where's my goddamn dollars!?! IP's in T1-s generally get SOMETHING from their studs, after all, how many gradesheets can you get that have straight 'U's' down the maneuvers and an overall grade of 'E'?

Personally, I'd be happier with a bottle of Jager with a dollar taped to the back!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I saw an interesting one the other day. The stud cut out the outline of a t-37 and glued 100 pennies to it and threw in his name patch and class number on it. It was quite large but definitely different and "clean."

Guest canucope

For my tweet dollar ride I was in the 8th at Vance, otherwise known as the eight ballers. So I got a foam ball and glued 100 pennies to it and then painted it black to look like a billiards eight ball.

Guest mghodgson

My brother-in-law put quarters in the seats of a plastic toy school bus and painted "Thanks for driving my short bus" on the side.

• 2 years later...