Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

8 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

Are they still making them go through KC-135 PIQ first or are they finally ready to have a PIQ course? I had heard Altus was doing a SGTO.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Currently BIQ/PIQ SGTO is being conducted. When I was TDY there a few months ago I saw pilots and booms doing the -135 IQ the -46 TX courses. Also, TX courses are being taught at MOBs sans the flying portion (Altus).

Guest PeggyDriver46

46 guy here. We are training most of our fresh guys at an in house FTU, similar to what the KC-10 does. Altus, as of right now, is only doing crossflow guys. 

14 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

KC-46? Bold.

I know from afpc tankers/the 46 was (is?) a priority must fill along with AETC this last go around.

LoveDumpster how is the 46 in reality? I feel the word on the street is a lot of growing pains involving not flying and not worth the tx right now. 

Edited by LiquidSky

Guest PeggyDriver46
16 minutes ago, LiquidSky said:

LoveDumpster how is the 46 in reality? I feel the word on the street is a lot of growing pains involving not flying and not worth the tx right now. 

This is probably a DMs conversation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

KCMB 22-10:

• AC-130, Hurlburt
  • C-17, Hickam
  • 3x U-28, Hurlburt
  • KC-46, McGuire
  • C-130H, CT ANG
  • KC-135, MS ANG
  • KC-135, UT ANG
  • 3x T-6 FAIP, Columbus
  • C-17, Dover
  • C-17, McGuire
  • C-17, McChord
  • KC-135, Mildenhall
  • C-17, Charleston
  • C-12, Elmendorf
  • T-38 FAIP, Columbus
  • F-22, Eglin
  • F-16, TBD
  • B-52, Barksdale

KSPS 22-05:

• 6x F-16, TBD
  • 2x B-52, Barksdale
  • 3x Typhoon, RAF Coningsby
  • 2x F-22, Eglin
  • 2x Typhoon, Laage AB
  • 2x F-35, Eglin
  • RC-135, Offut
  • 2x Typhoon
  • T-38 FAIP, Sheppard
  • C-146, Duke Field
  • B-1, Dyess

• 3 weeks later...

KEND 22-10:

T-1s:

• HC-130 - DM
  • C-17 - Dover
  • C-17 - Elmendorf
  • C-17 - McChord
  • C-5 - Dover
  • KC-135 - McConnell
  • KC-135 - McConnell
  • KC-135 - Guard (Not sure where)
  • KC-135 - McLaughlin ANG WV
  • KC-46 - McConnell
  • U-28 - Hurlburt
  • T-6 FAIP - Vance

T-38s:

• 1 x F-35
  • 4 x F-16
  • 1 x T-6 FAIP - Vance (11F Follow On)
  • 1 x F-15C , Portland Guard
  • 1 x  A-10 , Whiteman Reserves

KDLF 22-10:

T-1s:

• C-5 - Travis
  • C-5 - Dover ANG
  • C-17 - Hickam ANG
  • C-17 - McChord
  • C-17 - Dover
  • C-17 - Travis
  • KC-46 - McConnell AFRC
  • KC-46 - McGuire
  • KC-135 - Fairchild
  • KC-135 - Forbes ANG
  • C-130J - Dyess
  • MC-130J - Kirtland
  • T-6 FAIP - Laughlin (11H Follow On)
  • T-6 FAIP - Laughlin (11M Follow On)
  • ANG Unsponsored

T-38s:

• 1 x F-22
  • 2 x F-16 (1 Guard)
  • 1 x B-1
  • 1 x AC-130
  • 1 x T-6 FAIP - Laughlin (11F Follow On)
  • 1 x T-38 FAIP - Laughlin (11F Follow On)

KCBM 22-11

T-1s:

• C-5 - Travis
  • C-17 - WV ANG
  • C-17 - TN ANG
  • C-17 - Charleston
  • C-17 - PA AFRC
  • C-17 - PA AFRC
  • C-130H - Japan
  • C-130H - NY ANG
  • EC-130 - DM
  • KC-46 - McConnell
  • KC-135 - MacDill
  • T-6 - Columbus (11M Follow On)

T-38s:

• 1 x F-15E
  • 3 x F16
  • 1 x T-38A ADAIR - Langley
  • 1 x A-10
  • 1 x T-38 FAIP Columbus (11F Follow on)
  • 1 x T-6 FAIP Columbus (11B Follow on)

KEND 22-11

T-38s:

• 1 x F-22
  • 3 x F-16 (1 x Tulsa ANG)
  • 1 x F-15E 
  • 1 x T-38 FAIP Vance (11F Follow-on)
  • 1 x T-6 FAIP Vance (11F Follow-on)
  • 1 x B-52

I don't have the T-1 side of the house, sorry

7 minutes ago, LiquidSky said:

Since when did they start promising FAIPs follow ons and how does that work? 

I think 22-09 was the first set of classes that got told what their follow-on was going to be. I'm not entirely sure how its going to work though

55 minutes ago, GT35 said:

I think 22-09 was the first set of classes that got told what their follow-on was going to be. I'm not entirely sure how its going to work though

If you stay in long enough, you’ll see what happened years ago (then ended), come back again.

• Upvote 1

Like AFPC's assignment of preference/follow-on promise (aka policy) falling way unfulfilled and being totally, recently rescinded...wonder how many that lives that affected? AFPC and/or the functionals probably neither care nor know.

I can tell ya the little birdie rumint stuff from 19th. This hair brained idea comes from you know who, the most famous instagram meme person on the AETC side himself. Shocker.

At any rate, the RUMINT is this was done to walk the 11B recipients (who largely still view themselves as the losers of the lottery, good bad or indifferent) off the ledge of making career-chucking decisions. This as opposed to the end-game toxicity that usually befalls those who have been busting their hump for 3 years in UPT to end up getting sideswiped by rules #1 and #2 of military life. The gaining commands are basically complaining they can't get them copacetic in time, they need three years. Six months to two weeks from being gained is not cutting it goes the rumor grievance.

Edited by hindsight2020
  • Upvote 1

At any rate, the RUMINT is this was done to walk the 11B recipients (who largely still view themselves as the losers of the lottery, good bad or indifferent) off the ledge of making career-chucking decisions.

How does this do anything for 11B recipients? It seems it’ll just cause more 11Bs to drop at UPT down the road, once the current FAIPs with 11F follow-ons complete their FAIP assignment and fill all the fighter B-course slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

How does this do anything for 11B recipients? It seems it’ll just cause more 11Bs to drop at UPT down the road, once the current FAIPs with 11F follow-ons complete their FAIP assignment and fill all the fighter B-course slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, we're talking about 11B follow-on recipients. And you're missing the point (well, as they see it anyways). It's not meant to do anything for the lottery loser; not anything that they care about anyways (namely, get a fighter in the first place, ostensibly the reason they went 38s). It's meant as a management-of-expectations tool for the benefit of the gaining bomber command. I contend it's virtue signaling, the manning realities of a mismanaged functional command like AFPC will quickly make this effort moot.

To wit, it's basically the AF equivalent of that spiel Bob Slydell told Lumberg when he explained why they preferred to fire people on a Friday. Clear as mud?

P.S. sweet I got another Office space reference in, when talking USAF broken dreams.

Kip Yes GIF - Kip Yes Napoleon Dynamite - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by hindsight2020

FAIP plus get an 11B follow-on. Those dudes/dudettes have no incentive to crush themselves for 3 years by flying 3 times a day and volunteering for every stupid tasker that comes down from the boss. They don’t have to play the FAIP game at all, unless they’re trying to fly the B-21 I guess. It sucks but it might be better than 3 years of nut crushing only to lose out again.