Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

• 3 weeks later...
KC-46 driver here. That program is nowhere near ready for any sort of Initial Qual. Weā€™ve been screaming this for years and itā€™s falling on deaf ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

We were told to expect 46 PIQ dates for November... for whoever drops it

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

END 20-24/20-25 - T1s only

Ā 

KC-135 MacDillĀ x2
C-17 Hickam
C-17 Charleston x2
KC-135 Fairchild
KC-135 MacDill (guard)
MC-130 Kirtland
E-3 Tinker
C-21 Scott
T-6 Vance
C-17 McCord
KC-135 Fairchild
E-8 Robins

KC-135 Key Field (guard)
HC-130 DM
C-17
C-21 Scott
T-1 Vance
C-5 Dover
C-130 Youngstown (reserve)
C-17 Stewart (guard)
Ā 

Edited by Air_Space

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If youā€™re a T-1 stud: 69% chance of a C-17 then rest is 1-2 AFSOC, couple wide body ISR, rest tankers.Ā 
Ā 

If youā€™re a T-38 stud with a pulse (even if itā€™s faint) probably a Viper but 33.3% repeating chance of a 5th gen; the other 1-3 studs will get a bomber. If youā€™re at Laughlin, 87% chance you get FAIPd. Better yet, if youā€™re at Vance or Columbus...you could FAIP to XL!

Edited by Standby
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, herkbier said:

Copy.. am surprised to see it in an AF drop, twice.Ā 
Ā 

Found this article, shouldā€™ve googled before I posted..Ā 

https://www.mountainhome.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1357455/usafs-first-electronic-attack-fighter-pilots/

In the previous EA-6B Joint/mixed/whatever Prowler squadron, it meant boat qualification.

Same for this?Ā  Cool, yet not.Ā 

We have had crews in Prowlers and Growlers since the Sparkvark phased out in 1998!
Ā 

In recent years trainingĀ command has not sent any electronic warfareĀ officers and certainly no pilots who know anything about electronica warfare to growlers.

Ā 

Perhaps they are putting the Air Force crewsĀ through the fullĀ Navy EW training school. Ā 

Ā 

In any case these two lieutenants are far from the first growler pilots the Air Force has ever had. And I assume by ā€˜pilotsā€™Ā they mean pilot and electronic warfare officer.

Ā 

Edited by JimNtexas

USAF bros doing an exchange tour with the navy do not get carrier qualā€™d, whether theyā€™re taking a job at the RAG or Whidbey. Iā€™ve asked that question in regards to an exchange tour and been given the same answer multiple times.

On 3/22/2021 at 6:51 PM, Boomer6 said:

USAF bros doing an exchange tour with the navy do not get carrier qualā€™d, whether theyā€™re taking a job at the RAG or Whidbey. Iā€™ve asked that question in regards to an exchange tour and been given the same answer multiple times.

They use to up until around 2014. We had a F-15C dude in my fleet sqdn who got to go to the boat. The F-16 and F-15E guys who followed him didn't get to since we weren't a boat sqdn. Neither were very happy.Ā