Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

1 hour ago, BFM this said:

BL: if you hear a rumor that bombers are going to start dropping to Tones, believe it when you see it.

If you hear a rumor that RPAs are going to start dropping again.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

It will be another 3-5 years before that happens again. RPA pipeline is at full capacity, and "numbers" are actually looking better. Every Alpha tour bro in my unit has a projected returned manned date in the next year-year n half. However, the Air Force is projecting a crazy high rate (50% +)  of the initial couple groups of the 18x ers to stay in as their 6 commitment comes up, unfortuly the rates are probably going to be closer to 5-10% So we will be right to square one when all the 18x instructors/evaluators bail in late 2018/2019

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 8:18 PM, Vimix22 said:

Is getting T-6 FAIP'd from T-38s a normal thing? Seems like they would want all T-38 grads to go straight to the CAF. 

Were you born under a rock? Reference pages 1-102 of this thread. T-37/T-6 FAIPs from T-38s has been going on since the beginning of time. 

T-38 students were told today to expect more bombers, AFSOC, Recon in FY18 drops. Great Viper Giveaway has concluded.

Oh hey! 2009 to 2012 there you are again!

2 minutes ago, YoungnDumb said:

It's almost like AFPC learned that if you stop sending people to a community for a while they start having a vacuum and need people again...that being said I give it another year or so before we swing back again.

I know dudes that graduated in Aug that are waiting until May for Holloman B-course. 

57 minutes ago, Seriously said:

Same thing was happening in 2010.

Is this an active duty specific thing?  Do national guard get pushed through faster?

I ask because this was the case at Army IERW.  You would have guys waiting for months for their advanced course while the guard guys were turned around in a couple weeks.

Guard, Reserves and Internationals purchase a slot for their folks in each training course.  These spots are pre-programmed by AETC so their people make it through the pipeline with minimal downtime between courses.  This saves a lot of $ with man-days, per diem and moving costs while providing the units with a predictable flow of personnel.

Edited by Tunes3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JJF0012 said:

Heard a rumor that t-38 upt studs might be given an option to track towards f-18s since B courses are backed up. Any validity to that?

Hornets? This is a joke, right? Are they going to cross commission into the Navy/USMC too?

On 8/8/2017 at 9:07 PM, Danger41 said:

Previous 2 posts are wrong. In my WIC class, there were at least 2 T-6 FAIPs going through fighter courses.

Being a T-6 vs T-38 FAIP has no bearing on follow on assignments. 

There was an offer at DLF of a spot to go fly Growlers to post-IFF dudes who were heading to the Viper. 3 year gig.

2 minutes ago, Inertia17 said:

There was an offer at DLF of a spot to go fly Growlers to post-IFF dudes who were heading to the Viper. 3 year gig.

Does the AF typically offer exchange slots to junior guys? We generally only give them to Weapon School grads...

Over in the CSO assignments thread the rumor seems to be resurfacing that studs might be dropping Growler EWO tour slots shortly. I guess in theory that would open up the possibility of occasional dual-AF crews flying Navy jets.

Edited by mb1685

I had a F-15C ANG student that I flew with in T-6s post on FB that he was now going to fly Growlers out west. I need to ask him how that happened.