Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

10 hours ago, YoungnDumb said:

How are things going to be in the CAF when all these Viper dudes show up at the same time?  Will there be a shortage of cockpits/flight hours?  How does the CAF plan to deal with such a massive in flux of young wingman all at the same time?

A rare glimpse into the AFPC offices in San Antonio:

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, YoungnDumb said:

How are things going to be in the CAF when all these Viper dudes show up at the same time?  Will there be a shortage of cockpits/flight hours?  How does the CAF plan to deal with such a massive in flux of young wingman all at the same time?

They'll start farming more out to Guard squadrons and put the burden on us to get them experienced.  We already have one AD guy and I expect we'll see more in the near future.  Problem is, all our IPs, and flight leads are going to the airlines too.  Oh and I'm sure we'll get the mx guys, to help with sortie generation, any day now.  Check is in the mail...

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SocialD said:

They'll start farming more out to Guard squadrons and put the burden on us to get them experienced.  We already have one AD guy and I expect we'll see more in the near future.  Problem is, all our IPs, and flight leads are going to the airlines too.  Oh and I'm sure we'll get the mx guys, to help with sortie generation, any day now.  Check is in the mail...

Shack. Not to mention the 10 RAP counters that every TFI guy needs when the rest of the squadron makes due with 6-8 sorties a month. 

On 11/7/2016 at 8:40 PM, Spaceballs said:

Anyone know what the last ENJPPT class dropped? I heard there were 16 F-16s dropped.

EN 17-01 was previously covered here:

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/topic/4486-track-selects-and-assignment-nights/?do=findComment&comment=416551

EN 17-02 drops in a couple of weeks.

Side note: I could not have run my T-6 student flight without the outstanding efforts of a cadre of T-6 FAIPs -- God bless 'em all.  It's difficult to differentiate performance at at the Lieutenant level regardless of MWS/white jet.  Some people will get their dream follow-on and others with get the opposite.  Welcome to Big Blue.

does anyone know how many extra weeks are added typically due to weather at Vance?  Also how long is it between drop night and the RNLTD to your first base?  I know these numbers will vary I am just trying to estimate how long I will be at Vance.

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Uncle said:

does anyone know how many extra weeks are added typically due to weather at Vance?  Also how long is it between drop night and the RNLTD to your first base?  I know these numbers will vary I am just trying to estimate how long I will be at Vance.

It depends.  The weather at Vance is usually decent, and there hasn't been a class washed back in years so the odds are pretty good you'll graduate on time (roughly 54 weeks).  As for your report date, it all depends on what you drop.  It could be 3 weeks, it could be 9 months (buddy of mine was here almost a year awaiting his F-22 start date).  So it depends.

Edited by YoungnDumb
Words are tough

On 11/15/2016 at 7:26 AM, Uncle said:

6-9 weeks typically

look forward to watching your progress!!!

Looks like I'm going to be out of the CAF (Viper) after my next assignment. Going to have to go to white jets to make room for all of these viper babies.

In addition..the CAF sends my buddy-only 2 years in the viper-to white jets to make room for newbies (while he was still an inexperienced 4-FL).

makes no sense...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, viperdriver1313 said:

Looks like I'm going to be out of the CAF (Viper) after my next assignment. Going to have to go to white jets to make room for all of these viper babies.

In addition..the CAF sends my buddy-only 2 years in the viper-to white jets to make room for newbies (while he was still an inexperienced 4-FL).

makes no sense...

Sounds so 2007 and the shit show that era was

It's easier to understand once you realize that A1 doesn't worry about combat capability. They have to produce "experienced" 11Fs that can fill their manning needs.

If that means guys get ripped out of the cockpit the minute they're technically "experienced," so be it. A1 has bills to pay.

So now you have a shortened B-course to increase RTU throughput, which means more dudes in MQT in CAF squadrons...which can be a burden to the CAF training programs. All this effort, then you gotta kick that young newly-minted 4FL out the door to go do something else and make room for the next round of LTs.

No worries here, everyone. As you can clearly see, all the slides have green stop light charts. Press!

IMG_1479532999.654437.thumb.jpg.a811324f

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Ram said:

I
So now you have a shortened B-course to increase RTU throughput, which means more dudes in MQT in CAF squadrons...which can be a burden to the CAF training programs. All this effort, then you gotta kick that young newly-minted 4FL out the door to go do something else and make room for the next round of LTs.

So is the B course really being shortened? That's a shame.

Last base I left had 1 IP assigned to the Sq that wasn't either the SQ/CC-DO-or Patch.  No way the CAF is going to be able to do MQT upgrades requiring the standard + SEAD + sh** that the B-course cuts out.  Not enough IP's for that....

22 hours ago, Ram said:

It's easier to understand once you realize that A1 doesn't worry about combat capability. They have to produce "experienced" 11Fs that can fill their manning needs.

If that means guys get ripped out of the cockpit the minute they're technically "experienced," so be it. A1 has bills to pay.

No worries here, everyone. As you can clearly see, all the slides have green stop light charts. Press!

IMG_1479532999.654437.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

It's truly sad when you see a squadron send out 8 different single ships of wingmen because there are no flight leads available to lead or IPs to instruct. Risk accepted by the CAF right?

Hey folks, don't confuse my sarcastic and pessimistic posts for the voice of a dude who's going to give up and watch the house burn down around him.

(Although it's probably easy to think that way...which is why I'm writing again.)

Take my posts and combine them with the knowledge that I took the bonus and plan to stay until 20+ to try my best to keep my little corner of the USAF as lethal and relevant as I can.  I still think that we're the best airpower organization the world has ever seen, and I still think we can beat any challenger.  I'm just concerned about the margins, which I see as shrinking by the second.

We are a volunteer service.  That means that, while you're still wearing that uniform, you have no choice but to go out and do your 100% to keep the organization successful and ensure YOUR personal corner of the USAF is lethal and relevant.  You are bound by that duty, and it's the expectation of ALL of our citizens (crazy SJWs, red-hat wearing Trump fanatics, and everyone in between) that you're out there every day EARNING the right to hear "thank you for your service."

The CAF is in for a hard decade...and I think it's already started.  I won't question the decision of anyone who decides to stay or anyone who decides to leave...it's their choice.  But those of you who decide to stand shoulder to shoulder with me and the rest of us CAF bros:  We're going to have to work.  

Hard.

1.  Every single training sortie needs to be maximized.

2.  No slack for those who don't show their commitment in their daily effort.

3.  Every teachable moment has to be caught, and those lessons need to be TALKED ABOUT in the squadron.  

4.  Guys with leaves and eagles on their shoulders need to screen the BS from those with bars.  Young LTs and Capts need time in the vault/sim/jet as much as possible.

Take the resources we are given, find a way forward, and work hard to produce the very best you can with those resources.  That's our job.  We need to keep voicing our complaints to "the Bobs" around the USAF so they know not everything is rainbows, unicorns, and sprinkles...but that's secondary to our #1 concern:  KILL AND SURVIVE.

Bitching on the internet, like all other forms of sport-bitching, is not only fun, it's your God-given right as servicemember.  Throwing your hands in the air and yelling that the sky is falling -- if you're not giving 100%+ and working your ass off to be lethal -- is the biggest SNAP-bullshit act you could possibly commit.

Those newly joining, about to join, or aspiring to join the CAF:  Get ready to work.  You're not the reason for this problem, but we don't have time for any bullshit.  

Be prepared.

Edited by Ram
  • Upvote 18

2 minutes ago, Ram said:

Hey folks, don't confuse my sarcastic and pessimistic posts for the voice of a dude who's going to give up and watch the house burn down around him.

(Although it's probably easy to think that way...which is why I'm writing again.)

Take my posts and combine them with the knowledge that I took the bonus and plan to stay until 20+ to try my best to keep my little corner of the USAF as lethal and relevant as I can.  I still think that we're the best airpower organization the world has ever seen, and I still think we can beat any challenger.  I'm just concerned about the margins, which I see as shrinking by the second.

We are a volunteer service.  That means that, while you're still wearing that uniform, you have no choice but to go out and do your 100% to keep the organization successful and ensure YOUR personal corner of the USAF is lethal and relevant.  You are bound by that duty, and it's the expectation of ALL of our citizens (crazy SJWs, red-hat wearing Trump fanatics, and everyone in between) that you're out there every day EARNING the right to hear "thank you for your service."

The CAF is in for a hard decade...and I think it's already started.  I won't question the decision of anyone who decides to stay or anyone who decides to leave...it's their choice.  But those of you who decide to stand shoulder to shoulder with me and the rest of us CAF bros:  We're going to have to work.  Hard.

1.  Every single training sortie needs to be maximized.

2.  No slack for those who don't show their commitment in their daily effort.

3.  Every teachable moment has to be caught, and those lessons need to be TALKED ABOUT in the squadron.  

4.  Guys with leaves and eagles on their shoulders need to screen the BS from those with bars.  Young LTs and Capts need time in the vault/sim/jet as much as possible.

Take the resources we are given, find a way forward, and work hard to produce the very best you can with those resources.  That's our job.  We need to keep voicing our complaints to "the Bobs" around the USAF so they know not everything is rainbows, unicorns, and sprinkles...but that's secondary to our #1 concern:  KILL AND SURVIVE.

Bitching on the internet, like all other forms of sport-bitching, is not only fun, it's your God-given right as servicemember.  Throwing your hands in the air and yelling that the sky is falling -- if you're not giving 100%+ and working your ass off to be lethal -- is the biggest SNAP-bullshit act you could possibly commit.

Those newly joining, about to join, or aspiring to join the CAF:  Get ready to work.  You're not the reason for this problem, but we don't have time for any bullshit.  Be prepared.

I hope my IP has this mindset. I just want to work my ass off so I can kill as many bad guys as possible when the need arises.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tk1313 said:

I hope my IP has this mindset. I just want to work my ass off so I can kill as many bad guys as possible when the need arises.

The good ones will, because -- like me -- they will also be fvcking awesome.

• Upvote 3