Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

4 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

Ya, and what are they going to do with late Captains that only have MC-12 and T-38 IP time when they get done with the UPT gig?

Not a rhetorical question. Can they (if they even want to by then) go to IFF or should they expect ISR/Heavy/RPAs?

Wouldn't do that a whole lot of good in a fighter, mid to senior Captain showing up in a fighter unit with 0 experience is not where you want to be.

Also, what if that individual have zero fuc&$ about making O-5? How about having dudes in your sqdn that want to be there?  Who cares if he has some other stink in him/her. Even if they're only there for one tour, they still were there. Big Blue has made WAY poorer decisions in the past. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, matmacwc said:

Wouldn't do that a whole lot of good in a fighter, mid to senior Captain showing up in a fighter unit with 0 experience is not where you want to be.

Much better to just have a fighter pilot crisis than to train folks who want to be there, and who already have knowledge of how the Air Force works, and who have some kind of airmanship already built.  Certainly it's a bridge to far to train someone who has been flying for years...you have to have brand-new LTs with less than a hundred hours or nothing, right?

• Upvote 2

Ya, and what are they going to do with late Captains that only have MC-12 and T-38 IP time when they get done with the UPT gig?

Not a rhetorical question. Can they (if they even want to by then) go to IFF or should they expect ISR/Heavy/RPAs?

We are hearing rumors it is possible to get an 11F gig. Talked with the AETC/CC last week and he said they are looking at all the MC-12 dudes in AETC that were 38 trained and seeing if it makes sense to send them through IFF. That's one of the "levers they are pulling" (sts) right now.

It has less to do with being too old and has more to do with the Air Force knowing that if you take a mid-level Capt who has a couple thousand hours in another aircraft and train him in a fighter you will probably only get three years out of him before he punches for greener pastures.

I know several guys who did the heavy thing in the Air Force and now are flying fighters successfully in the guard. It all depends on the person and their God given potential.

A Lt is an indentured servant for 10 years... Maybe more if the Air Force gets its wish.

We're running into this on the T-6 side as well.  Just for everyone to stay on timeline we must average about 100 effective sorties a day out of about 130 ish flown.  So once you start taking into account CT, MX, and students hooking/ineffective rides it gets tough pretty fast.  Another big issue are the sims.  We get on average about 60-64 sims each day for all the T-6's.  When you have each flight needing to average 5 per day just to graduate on time it's tough to get ahead for things like XC.

At DLF they have to do 20 military ran sims just to keep the sim timeline on schedule. They have recently been cancelling flights daily because of sim stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You implying he could go there to fly the 586ths C-12 and T-38s (perhaps both) on test missions?  Or he could be there for the F-16 FTU?

The current 586th commander will only take a guy with operational fighter experience or TPS grad. There is only one non-TPS pilot in the unit (as of last fall).

12 hours ago, Lstcause257 said:

At DLF they have to do 20 military ran sims just to keep the sim timeline on schedule. They have recently been cancelling flights daily because of sim stops.

Ya we have a handful of guys up here (KEND) who are qualed to run sims, but you see them doing it rarely as it pulls them off the flight line, but as you mentioned people are getting to the point where they won't be able to fly anyways.  Most recently we have been seeing students showing up to the flight line not opted to fly which means you are starting out behind as you are now wasting flying days just to get them opted for events.

EN 16-07

US:

F-22

F-15C

A-10

F-15E x 3

F-16 x 7

T-38C FAIP

B-52

Germany:

Eurofighter

T-6 FAIP

Italy:

Eurofighter (x2?)

Tornado

Just one euro fighter for the Italians. Great group of kids. Super stoked for their drop!

Hellllllooooo FTU backlog.  The morons at A3 sent out an email a while back saying something to the extent of "hey, make a 20% increase happen; we're not asking for ideas (well we are) but you need to make it happen regardless."  Good luck.  The email even asked what risk we are willing to accept - no NVG qual, no 4-ship rides at all?  Needless to say they've gone full retard in the "do more with less" department.  Who would have ever though this would happen when POM 10 closed two FTU squadrons and lost capacity by moving another two to Holloman?  I swear we are run by idiots.  Hopefully Delta calls.

10 hours ago, innovator said:

Seven F-16s??? Holy....

Read that email, very saddening. Just wanted us to produce more students at a lower quality to have the CAF upgrade them to our standard. 

Other brilliant ideas went along the lines of doing away with IFF and sending UPT grads directly to FTU. I believe the golf clap would be appropriate about now...

I swear the window lickers at A1 think the only purpose a CAF squadron fills is turning new LTs into "experienced" 11Fs, thereby feeding the need for all the non-CAF "high priorities."

Remember back when the CAF was all about combat capability?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ViperStud said:

Hellllllooooo FTU backlog.  The morons at A3 sent out an email a while back saying something to the extent of "hey, make a 20% increase happen; we're not asking for ideas (well we are) but you need to make it happen regardless."  Good luck.  The email even asked what risk we are willing to accept - no NVG qual, no 4-ship rides at all?  Needless to say they've gone full retard in the "do more with less" department.  Who would have ever though this would happen when POM 10 closed two FTU squadrons and lost capacity by moving another two to Holloman?  I swear we are run by idiots.  Hopefully Delta calls.

We're having a similar debate with AFGSC A3 about our own production numbers.  "We can't give you any additional instructors, jets, simulators, or flight hours...how many additional students can you produce a year?"

27 minutes ago, pawnman said:

We're having a similar debate with AFGSC A3 about our own production numbers.  "We can't give you any additional instructors, jets, simulators, or flight hours...how many additional students can you produce a year?"

Tell them to increase the hook/washout rate from Pensacola/UPT... should get rid of some of the attitudes/skill issues coming in the AF and give a better quality input to the FTU.

10 hours ago, Sprkt69 said:

Read that email, very saddening. Just wanted us to produce more students at a lower quality to have the CAF upgrade them to our standard. 

Other brilliant ideas went along the lines of doing away with IFF and sending UPT grads directly to FTU. I believe the golf clap would be appropriate about now...

Why did they wait so long to fix this issue? 

2 hours ago, innovator said:

Why did they wait so long to fix this issue? 

Dude, you've got some reading to do. Recommend the following threads:

ACP (the bonus), What's wrong with the AF, Leaving the AF for the airlines, Leadership at the 'Died (you'll laugh AND cry)

Start with posts around 2010 and read forward. If you thought joining the military meant you'd be part of an efficient organization that is lethal/agile/incorruptible, then I've got bad news for you. Bureaucracy and political correctness reign supreme. Happy reading. 

• Upvote 1

....If you thought joining the military meant you'd be part of an efficient organization that is lethal/agile/incorruptible, then I've got bad news for you. Bureaucracy and political correctness reign supreme. Happy reading. 

I still believe we ARE lethal, agile, and incorruptible...at the squadron/unit level. But, you're right, the SYSTEMS aren't.

Tell them to increase the hook/washout rate from Pensacola/UPT... should get rid of some of the attitudes/skill issues coming in the AF and give a better quality input to the FTU.

Yeah, that place was terrible, right? We don't want different perspectives, attitudes or skills going in to the FTU. More Liquid types please.