T38

A10 DM

C17 Travis

F16 holloman

C17 McChord

At38 Adair Tyndall f22 follow on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hispeed7721

^^^^this class was incredible from what I heard. The best studs seen in a long time.

Edit: at least on the 38 side.

Ummm...this is not a valid statement. Not even close. It was what Big Blue needed. Luck of the draw. Nothing more...nothing less.

Edited by PlanePhlyer
  • Upvote 2

^^^^this class was incredible from what I heard. The best studs seen in a long time.

Yeah, a class' overall drop is totally determined by merit. 2009 - 2011 was one of the worst droughts ever. 3/4 of UPT graduates during those years were apparently awful. And don't even remind us about 1992 - 1993... Those students were so bad that the AF banked them... Giving them 2+ years to hone their chairflying skills.

WIC is going to be a helluva reunion for the rock stars of XL 15-08.

• Upvote 6

So you all are really going to sit here and say the the AF demanded that Laughlin got a half dozen fighter types while they only demanded two from Columbus? Really? Since you are sitting here seeming to know the answers explain that one.

15-08 student detected....

Yup you caught me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

So you all are really going to sit here and say the the AF demanded that Laughlin got a half dozen fighter types while they only demanded two from Columbus? Really? Since you are sitting here seeming to know the answers explain that one.

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

Edited by hispeed7721
  • Upvote 3

Yup you caught me.

Dude, either you are brand new to the Air Force or have had your nugget in the sand. I don't mean that as an offense but the assclownery among personnel moves/AFPC decisions makes zero sense. Hence the reason people are placing you in that UPT class. Hope this helps brother.

I have ever heard any UPT instructors describe any their students using any of the phrases you just used. And I went to UPT with Brian Williams.

• Upvote 2

I was told that it started well before UPT. That their commissioning sources knew that they would all be this awesome and worked with AFPC and AETC early on to ensure they would all be in this same incredible class. Some said it would be too crazy to work...but it did.

• Upvote 1

I was told that it started well before UPT. That their commissioning sources knew that they would all be this awesome and worked with AFPC and AETC early on to ensure they would all be in this same incredible class. Some said it would be too crazy to work...but it did.

Broception....

I spent 2.69 years at a UPT base. We saw shit classes drop 6/7 fighters and the strong class right after them drop 2/4 fighters. The CC tried to shuffle assignments left/right and the best AFPC would give him is to have flexibility on where the FAIP fell. 99% luck of the draw. Timing is everything, learn that lesson now. Any UPT class that looks back and thinks they killed it based on their drop is living in a dream world.

• Upvote 2

I've heard of those horror stories from my AF friends. I'm glad I pursued the guard by the time I was eligible. On a serious note, I always thought it would be cool if they let some good students work a BS queep job for a while and wait a few months for an IFF/B course slot to come around if someone really stood out and there were only a couple fighters in their class.

Upt grads are just grist for the mill. Afpc doesn't care if you're good or bad, as long as the bodies keep flowing into near rocks holes. If you're dangerous, the Upt sq/cc may be able to do something, but the flesh peddlers don't care.

Remember, blab, the flesh peddlers don't care.

Assignments are handled on an excel spreadsheet by a GS.

When I was a -38 flt/cc during the time when there was a 1yr BIT program for fighter bound guys, myself and some other flt/cc's were annoyed that student #5/5 was waiting for his F-16 FTU while we had to give the #1/7 a FAIP slot 1 month later because the fighter slots had dried up.

Went to the source to try to unfvck the situation. BL is it s not flexible. The GS lady gets the total # of slots and tries to distribute them evenly. For bombers, if there is only 1, it is rotated among the bases.

Base OG's can trade jets. I've seen this and some really shady/shitty stuff (ie trade 2 f-16s for a 15E and B-52 so a former WSO could get back to his jet. Tough to watch the guy soak up the bomber and see his fighter dream crushed by that crap).

I saw trades made hours before assignment night where we had to change the slides. Sometimes good news: F-15C upgraded to F-22....usually bad: fighter traded for bomber/U28 for shady reasons.

A lot of guys in all different airframes have no idea how close they were to flying/not flying fighters.

Same goes for track select. If you think the T-38s always go to the most deserving/wanting pilots...no.

And if you saw the behind the scenes PC bs and double standards for females, you'd be utterly disgusted.

• Upvote 2

The sabbatical program is old news. I know one guy who got it, he's about to head out the door for his 3 year break. Presumably, he'll requal and his year group will shift three to the right When he returns. These are people who the USAF would otherwise lose completely. I'm pleasantly surprised that Big Blue actually got something right.