Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

13 minutes ago, Ram said:

The comparison doesn't work, as the dolphin doesn't have to cycle power to its sonar when it malfunctions.

Valid, a dolphin's advertised capabilities are much more reliable and effective.

Edited by SnapLock
  • Upvote 1

On January 11, 2016 at 0:48 AM, PushItUp said:

VN 16-04 Active

T-38:

F-16 x 2 (Tucson, Luke)

F-15C

T-6 FAIP

I know C model drops don't happen too often for AD guys, but when they do, what are the PCS options? I know of the Oki/LN squadrons, but nothing beyond that on the Active side of the house. IP back at Klamath Falls? Attachment to Guard/Reserve components? Just a noob trying to gain some SA. 

16 hours ago, FishBowl said:

I know C model drops don't happen too often for AD guys, but when they do, what are the PCS options? I know of the Oki/LN squadrons, but nothing beyond that on the Active side of the house. IP back at Klamath Falls? Attachment to Guard/Reserve components? Just a noob trying to gain some SA. 

Out of Klamath you'll go to either Lakenheath or Kadena (haven't heard of any TFI to a Guard unit that Viper guys get occasionally).  After that, most of my bros either IPCOT (stayed out in Kadena and switched squadrons), went to Lakenheath, or went to another airframe (Raptor, IFF/UPT, etc).  However, a couple guys did go to Klamath to be IP's as they now have an AD Det there.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Out of Klamath you'll go to either Lakenheath or Kadena (haven't heard of any TFI to a Guard unit that Viper guys get occasionally).  After that, most of my bros either IPCOT (stayed out in Kadena and switched squadrons), went to Lakenheath, or went to another airframe (Raptor, IFF/UPT, etc).  However, a couple guys did go to Klamath to be IP's as they now have an AD Det there.  

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the info!

:beer:

On 4/5/2016 at 9:57 AM, Danger41 said:

haven't heard of any TFI to a Guard unit that Viper guys get occasionally). 

I know a couple of C model guys that are TFI to guard units. The word I got from one of the dudes is that the TFI gig may become more commonplace. Whether that's accurate or not idk.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, F-35 out of Vance.  Had General Pleus here recently and he mentioned that there would be a few in upcoming drops.  It's interesting to see them dropping finally.  Rumor has it the first F-35 B-Course will be 4 FAIP's and 4 UPT grads, so I guess that leaves Sheppard left to drop theirs.

Edited by YoungnDumb
Can't spell

• 2 weeks later...
On April 18, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Inertia17 said:

XL 16-08 (from what I can remember at least)

F-35

F-16

F-15E

A-10

B-52

2 x T-6 FAIP

T-1 FAIP

2 x KC-10

KC-135

C-130J

2 x MQ-1

C-17

Probably a couple that I missed, but that is what I recall.

The KC-135 (March Reserves) was an old troop of mine (former -135 Boom). Congrats!

The KC-135 (March Reserves) was an old troop of mine (former -135 Boom). Congrats!

Hear, hear!

• 2 weeks later...

XL 16-09

T-38's

F-15E

B-52

KC-10

C-130J

T-1's

2 x RC-135

C-17

I am afraid my memory drops off beyond that.

Rough drop for the T-38 studs this time around it seems, considering the 'fighter pilot shortage'. Likely any shortage that exists will only get worse.

XL 16-09

T-38's

F-15E

B-52

KC-10

C-130J

T-1's

2 x RC-135

C-17

I am afraid my memory drops off beyond that.

Rough drop for the T-38 studs this time around it seems, considering the 'fighter pilot shortage'. Likely any shortage that exists will only get worse.

Oh wow, look at that the pendulum has swung back again.