Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

1 hour ago, Boomer6 said:

So what is the real reason for more FAIPs? 

DLF is unable to meet the demand for Civillian Sim Ip's and is making up for it with Military sim ips. To offset the cost of the sorties lost by them simming, AFPC is giving DLF a handful more FAIPs this fiscal year, which is much easier/quicker to coordinate than a handful more MWS dudes

Edited by Laxer69

So what is the real reason for more FAIPs? 

Left the UPT world about a year and a half ago, but I believe the idea of FAIPing more graduates was in it’s infancy around that time. SQ/CC heard from the white jet functional that they were kicking around the idea. Reason being was that since MWS FTUs are a bottleneck, more FAIPs could mean an increase in “pilot production” without clogging up the FTUs.

Reasonably sure there was no plan for what to do three years later when all those FAIPs have to go somewhere to the same clogged up FTUs. Because Air Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

37 minutes ago, Runr6730 said:

KC-135.  I thought this was more common. Apparently not. 

-135 IPs can run the sims (for check rides, gov time, and such) but they aren’t teaching continuation sims are they?

Edited by Homestar

6 hours ago, Laxer69 said:

So how many dudes coming to AETC have a Q3 or didn't upgrade to AC? Oh yeah that's right, the majority. I'll stick with the FAIPS teaching good fundamentals.

With that logic it says that FAIPs were taught initially by people who are terrible with no fundamentals so now FAIPs magically know good fundamentals when they’ve never seen it?   Does not compute. Nice try FAIP. 

12 hours ago, Laxer69 said:

If by cheapen you mean provide a higher quality and less jaded instructional experience then yeah sure bud

How will new UPT studs ever know how to complete their airline apps if MWS IPs aren't instructing them in the debriefs?

13 hours ago, Homestar said:

-135 IPs can run the sims (for check rides, gov time, and such) but they aren’t teaching continuation sims are they?

Do civilians typically run all sims, even after done with training and in a regular squadron?

Over here in the land of the floating runways, civilians only run sims for kids going through initial training or dudes coming back through for a refresher. Otherwise it’s whichever pilot who is unlucky enough to actually know how to turn it on.

5 hours ago, Bigred said:

Do civilians typically run all sims, even after done with training and in a regular squadron?

Over here in the land of the floating runways, civilians only run sims for kids going through initial training or dudes coming back through for a refresher. Otherwise it’s whichever pilot who is unlucky enough to actually know how to turn it on.

I can speak for the -135 community only... Civilian contract covers all initial (Altus) and continuation (most big -135 bases have 1 or 2 sims on base -- continuation sims: 4 sims per year focusing on a different system).  Each day there are periods of open sim time (referred to as "government time") where the sim is available for USAF use (check rides, whatever).  USAF IPs run the sim during these periods because there generally isn't any formal syllabus training going on (except for some AR training at McConnell, or tactics, or stuff like that).  Pilots can use these "government time" periods to slay beans, work on proficiency, etc.  

And now, back to your regularly scheduled Track Select thread. 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/13/2018 at 12:18 PM, YoungnDumb said:

When is the last "class" at the UPT bases?  By this I mean, which is the last group to have a traditional drop night, and have they figured out how assignment selection will work?

Traditional drop nights have already started to go away from what I can tell. They're mixing and mingling classes together, whoever is close to dropping based on their place in the syllabus. Not sure if that's how it always was.

19-08 is the last official "class" at KCBM, should be dropping sometime around February.

I can speak for the -135 community only... Civilian contract covers all initial (Altus) and continuation (most big -135 bases have 1 or 2 sims on base -- continuation sims: 4 sims per year focusing on a different system).  Each day there are periods of open sim time (referred to as "government time") where the sim is available for USAF use (check rides, whatever).  USAF IPs run the sim during these periods because there generally isn't any formal syllabus training going on (except for some AR training at McConnell, or tactics, or stuff like that).  Pilots can use these "government time" periods to slay beans, work on proficiency, etc.  
And now, back to your regularly scheduled Track Select thread.

The KC-10 sims are always run by a sim dude. Even the free periods for squadron use have a sim dude assigned to them.