Protesters at soldier's funerals

Guest Sundowner

Originally posted by Hacker:

Personally, getting all huffy over some extremists like this is a complete waste of energy.

There is no argument you can make or velocity of punch you can throw which is going to make them change their opinion. They are so far beyond normal, rational thought that anything you do to show them just how far away from center they are will be completely ineffective.

Best to just recognize them for the whackos they are and, so long as they aren't causing any violation to anyone's life, liberty, or property, let 'em be.

I agree. However, nothing would satisfy me more than to kick them in the balls. :cool:

[ 26. July 2005, 21:43: Message edited by: UPTBoundROTCGuy ]

• 3 years later...
Guest IncompletePete

British documentary maker, Louis Theroux, produced a show on the Phelps family and the Westboro Baptist Church a little while back. I'm just watching a repeat of it on TV and figured that you guys may want to catch a decent insight into this family and their views:

Part 1 of 8:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gSFrNOnvtls

Edited by IncompletePete

Guest IncompletePete
No offense, but I wouldn't waste 3 seconds of my time trying to gain insight into their family.

Insight's maybe the wrong word, but I do find that show to be pretty fascinating as I cannot fathom quite how they've come to their conclusions and slowly become apoplectic with rage. It's a morbid curiosity kind of thing for me!

Insight's maybe the wrong word, but I do find that show to be pretty fascinating as I cannot fathom quite how they've come to their conclusions and slowly become apoplectic with rage. It's a morbid curiosity kind of thing for me!

I didn't watch this series, but I remember them being interviewed on 20/20 or one of those news shows a while ago. They are utterly and totally brainwashed. You would think with the state of the world, they could put their energy toward fighting another cause like I don't know, Islamofacism maybe? Seriously, which is a greater affront to God, a dude getting blown, or innocent people getting blown up? That disconnet is just beyond me. My $00.02.

• 3 months later...

Thread Revival....these dumb$hits were in my area today, protesting at a local High School. These assclowns had the nerve to say that the school was teaching homosexuality and the likes. They were counter-protested by other groups telling them to get the hell out of town!

Needless to say, the Superintendent delayed the opening of the school so the students can avoid seeing these protests. Apparently they're on the road, spreading there word. What a bunch of fanatics! :flipoff:

They protested the memorial services for the people killed in the Colgan crash in Buffalo. Apparently allowing gays in society was the reason those people perished in the crash... And apparently the victims deserved it...

Bunch of a**bags. I'd love to give them a piece of my mind.

Alright. Who wants to take one for the team with me and be my spotter. It might take a while...but I think with a box of 3006, we could take care of this problem.

Edited by FourFans130

Alright. Who wants to take one for the team with me and be my spotter. It might take a while...but I think with a box of 3006, we could take care of this problem.

Do it the right way and you won't get caught.

Guest Hueypilot812

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: --> Fred Phelps <-- :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

I think any future counter-protesters should show up with a bunch of signs saying "Fred Phelps is Gay" and "Westboro Baptist Church raises homos". That would be hilarious to see their reaction to that.

On a serious note...it wouldn't surprise me if he was a closet :rainbow: in denial.

• Upvote 1

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: --> Fred Phelps <-- :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

I think any future counter-protesters should show up with a bunch of signs saying "Fred Phelps is Gay" and "Westboro Baptist Church raises homos". That would be hilarious to see their reaction to that.

On a serious note...it wouldn't surprise me if he was a closet :rainbow: in denial.

It would be great to protest their church every Sunday in the same manner. You could pick a few members to follow around and protest their grocery shopping, dropping their kids off at school, trip to the post office, t-ball game, etc. Give those f&ckers a taste of their own medicine. I'm in for a road trip, where the hell is this "church?"

The only reason these people exist is to sue the US government over their rights being violated (free speech). A couple of them are lawyers, and want to be thrown off of the curb so they can sue, and get more money. I think Fred Phelps got his law license revoked, but both of his daughters are lawyers as well. When confronted with this, they got very defensive, and started saying "God hates fags" over and over again.

I agree with Toro here, and think all hippies should be punched in the face...repeatedly.

I just found out today that these assholes are going to be protesting at ERAU (Daytona) on March 27-28 for some diversity event the campus is holding. I can only imagine what walking around in uniform those days is going to be like. Any advice that I could pass along to everyone to prevent people from getting into conflicts?

If you haven't let your cadre know, or if they don't know these asshats are going to be in town, you might want to tell them.

As far as avoiding conflict, really the best thing to do is ignore them and keep walking. Stay professional and keep your emotions in check. If they see you in uniform, odds are they will say something, those folks will do anything to get a rise or reaction from people. And, I hate to say it, but don't be to surprised if you end up not being in uniform one of those days.

I believe it's in Topeka, Kansas.

It is. They're out of the Westboro Baptist Church.

100LL, shack on what Vandal said. We used to have to put up with these fvckers on a regular basis at KU. Riddller knows all about this shit, too. It's not a pretty thing (sts) when they see people in uniform. I would also not be surprised if you all were told not to wear your uniforms on those protest dates (we did it once back when I was in school just to avoid conflict). It sucks that we had to do that, but it was a much better solution.