Found out this week....

Guest C-21 Pilot

Guest C-21 Pilot

that my tour in this mighty sexy, b1tch they call a LEAR has been extended until July 2007 (at ETAR) - total of 54 months.

A little Wurstmarkt (Bad Durkeim) this weekend for some celebration...

[ 11. September 2005, 05:41: Message edited by: C-21 Pilot ]

Awesome!

I flew her and her sisters for almost six years and 3000 hours. Enjoy it while it lasts. You probably won't pine for the OSA lifestyle afterwards, but you will miss the jet. Lots of little things.

The audible "clickety click" of the engine instrument number drums every time you make a power change

The "DING-THUMP-BUZZ..." as you retard the thrust levers to idle prior to leveling off on an empty leg in the neighborhood of 4000' after takeoff. (Altitude alerter, thrust levers, gear warning)

The reassuring "thunk" you hear from the back of the jet when you engage the starter.

Lightweight takeoffs

The feeling of satifaction that comes from being able to toggle just the right anount of trim during spoiler extension/retraction so that the transistion is made smoothly with no pitching moment or G giving away the configuration, the only telltale signs being the airframe rumble and descent rate.

The way your forearm rests perfectly on the glareshield, with you elbow against the window and the ball of you thumb wedged where the glareshield curves upward to form the annunciator coaming.

Best of all, from Iceland to Spain, from Bolivia to Alaska, with one flameout and one precautionary shutdown, to loss of cabin pressure, to total DC power failure at night and too many minor abnormals to recall, she always brought my sorry ass home in one piece.

I could go on, but you get the picture. About a third of my airline bro's honestly don't believe me when I tell them the Lear had a dragchute.

Enjoy!

[ 11. September 2005, 14:10: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]

Guest AirGuardian

Good,

I'll see you sometime next month... and the next one and so on for awhile if this new push goes through for us.

Kind of busy now working HQ garbage in MS, but I did fly down to the coast to do some observ. work today = courtesy of the Green Feet folks of Patrick (Rescue Sqdn). Always love the Reserve guys, they really came thru for us here!

Looking forward to some cooler weather in Deustchland... oh yeah, and a few brews!

[ 11. September 2005, 22:19: Message edited by: AirGuardian ]

Guest lovelacm

Oh, the Wurstmarkt was a blast this past weekend. It's only too sad that this was my last "death-grip" on my European Adventure.

3 days out...

No tickets, JUST got orders, and no official out-processing help or instructions... "Here, go run this checklist and the vMPF checklist... ask questions later." Truly amazing.

Anybody around ABQ that can kick me towards some GREAT food and drink this weekend?

(And, as to not completely hijack the thread) C-21 DeskJockey... Don't let Juan get you too spun-up... take care of Ed and Mickey (and Lord knows they'll take care of you)... and Enjoy the Living. Hollar if you head West.

Cheers!

Linda